Shorewood - Six-year Shorewood School Board member Michael Mishlove informed district administrators and officials via email early Saturday morning that he would be leaving his post on the board.
"Please be advised that I hereby resign from the Shorewood School Board effective immediately," Mishlove wrote in a brief email. "Please regard this message as my formal notice to the Board/District of my resignation."
Mishlove went on to express his pleasure in working with Superintendent Martin Lexmond and Shorewood Education Association President Michael Halloran, among other past and present SEA leaders, wishing Lexmond success in guiding the district and writing that he respects the "professionalism and work of the District faculty".
Mishlove didn't respond to NOW's requests for comment.
Board member David Cobb said Mishlove had seemed himself at the board's recent Oct. 23 meeting, and had made no indication of any intent to resign.
"I really valued Michael's insight into the student's mind," Cobb added.
In a district news release, Board President Rob Reinhoffer thanked Mishlove for his service to the community, "in particular for his expertise in labor negotiations and School Board policy updating."
According to the release, adult Shorewood residents looking to fill Mishlove's seat must submit a letter of interest to Marty Lexmond, Superintendent, c/o Shorewood School District 1701 E. Capitol Drive, Shorewood, WI 53211, with a postmark no later than Nov. 30.
The School Board will interview applicants in December and choose Mishlove's successor at its Dec. 11 regular meeting.
The chosen applicant will fill the seat through April 2013 and will need to run in the April election to fill the remainder of Mishlove's term, which ends in April 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Concordia hosts theater, music presentations
- Service dog offers extra ears for hearing-impaired Mequon man
- Mequon tries to control Airbnb and other short-term rentals
- The Cheel in Thiensville resurrects historic turret on landmark building
- Greenfield man killed in single-vehicle crash in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon adopts coyote response plan
- Falafel Guys food truck to open restaurant in Thiensville (5)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015