Shorewood Trustee Thad Nation will seek election April 3 to the Village Board. He was appointed to the position in June after former Trustee Margaret Hickey stepped down because of a move outside the community.
Nation, 38, is the owner of Nation Consulting. He previously served as a press secretary for former Gov. Jim Doyle.
He holds a bachelor's degree in government from the University of Notre Dame.
Nation lives at 4426 N. Farwell Ave., and has four children.
People interested in running for a seat on the Village Board have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead teacher agrees to resign
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Mequon woman reported missing
- Apartments, assisted living pitched in Mequon development
- Mequon-Thiensville's Demond Means says MPS role won't interfere with his day job
- Mequon allows indoor gun ranges in light industrial areas
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Colectivo opens cafe in Mequon Town Center
- Shaffer to develop 13 acres in Mequon Town Center district
- Homestead High School teacher faces termination due to allegations of misconduct (4)