Shorewood Trustee Thad Nation will seek election April 3 to the Village Board. He was appointed to the position in June after former Trustee Margaret Hickey stepped down because of a move outside the community.
Nation, 38, is the owner of Nation Consulting. He previously served as a press secretary for former Gov. Jim Doyle.
He holds a bachelor's degree in government from the University of Notre Dame.
Nation lives at 4426 N. Farwell Ave., and has four children.
People interested in running for a seat on the Village Board have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Homestead, Shorewood ranked among top 10 Wisconsin high schools
- Big Muddly is Cedar Crest Ice Cream's winner
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Mequon considers bait and kill approach to coyote problem (4)
- Mequon entrepreneur Anna Zuckerman expands children's clothing empire
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015