Shorewood Trustee Thad Nation will seek election April 3 to the Village Board. He was appointed to the position in June after former Trustee Margaret Hickey stepped down because of a move outside the community.
Nation, 38, is the owner of Nation Consulting. He previously served as a press secretary for former Gov. Jim Doyle.
He holds a bachelor's degree in government from the University of Notre Dame.
Nation lives at 4426 N. Farwell Ave., and has four children.
People interested in running for a seat on the Village Board have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
- SeaWorld grants interview with Mequon student on orcas for paper
- Demond Means resigns as commissioner of the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program (1)
- Derosier enters not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.