Shorewood Trustee Thad Nation will seek election April 3 to the Village Board. He was appointed to the position in June after former Trustee Margaret Hickey stepped down because of a move outside the community.
Nation, 38, is the owner of Nation Consulting. He previously served as a press secretary for former Gov. Jim Doyle.
He holds a bachelor's degree in government from the University of Notre Dame.
Nation lives at 4426 N. Farwell Ave., and has four children.
People interested in running for a seat on the Village Board have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)