Shorewood Trustee Thad Nation will seek election April 3 to the Village Board. He was appointed to the position in June after former Trustee Margaret Hickey stepped down because of a move outside the community.
Nation, 38, is the owner of Nation Consulting. He previously served as a press secretary for former Gov. Jim Doyle.
He holds a bachelor's degree in government from the University of Notre Dame.
Nation lives at 4426 N. Farwell Ave., and has four children.
People interested in running for a seat on the Village Board have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon passes wild animal ban
- Mequon Common Council critical of DOT projects
- Election update
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Back to the drawing board on Mequon's gateway
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Less bang for the bucks: Mequon council aims for doe-only deer culling
- Thiensville man cited after hurrying to get hamburgers home to wife
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 9