Shorewood Trustee Thad Nation will seek election April 3 to the Village Board. He was appointed to the position in June after former Trustee Margaret Hickey stepped down because of a move outside the community.
Nation, 38, is the owner of Nation Consulting. He previously served as a press secretary for former Gov. Jim Doyle.
He holds a bachelor's degree in government from the University of Notre Dame.
Nation lives at 4426 N. Farwell Ave., and has four children.
People interested in running for a seat on the Village Board have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- WWII veteran recalls German prison camp
- Mequon-Thiensville residents authorize land sale
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Referendum among proposed solutions to school district's financial woes
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Cafe Hollander will anchor Mequon Town Center
- North Shore Police Report: June 19