Glendale - Firefighters responded to a garage fire at 7425 North Berwyn Avenue at approximately 4 a.m. this morning, extinguishing a fire which caused an estimated $90,000 in damages and no injuries to occupants of the building.
According to a North Shore Fire Department news release, the Bayside Communications Center received the first call around 4 a.m. from an alarm monitoring agency. While responders were on the way to the scene, two more calls came in and the response was upgraded to bring more equipment and personnel.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the attached garage of the community based residential facility, and called for additional support. The fire was extinguished quickly, limiting the exposure of the living area of the facility, though smoke damage was reportedly extensive throughout.
One firefighter was treated for a minor injury at the scene. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 12, 2016