Glendale - Firefighters responded to a garage fire at 7425 North Berwyn Avenue at approximately 4 a.m. this morning, extinguishing a fire which caused an estimated $90,000 in damages and no injuries to occupants of the building.
According to a North Shore Fire Department news release, the Bayside Communications Center received the first call around 4 a.m. from an alarm monitoring agency. While responders were on the way to the scene, two more calls came in and the response was upgraded to bring more equipment and personnel.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the attached garage of the community based residential facility, and called for additional support. The fire was extinguished quickly, limiting the exposure of the living area of the facility, though smoke damage was reportedly extensive throughout.
One firefighter was treated for a minor injury at the scene. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 15, 2015
- Homestead alum remembered after tragic plane crash
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Lake Shore Middle School earns blue ribbon award
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- Mequon Town Center coming to life
- Sculpture celebrates nature along Mequon's River Walk
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015