Shorewood - Police and firefighters responded to a basement fire at 4502 N Wildwood Avenue in Shorewood around 5 a.m., reporting approximately $5,000 in damage and no injuries, according to a North Shore Fire Department media release.
Shorewood police arrived at the property to find fire and heavy smoke in the basement. Once firefighters arrived and confirmed that everyone had been evacuated, the fire was quickly contained and extinguished.
The apparent cause of the fire was the inadvertent mixing of chemicals which had been stored under the basement stairs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 5
- New blood guaranteed on Mequon Common Council
- ELECTION 2014: Three compete for two seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Thiensville's proposed beer garden folds for a second straight year
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- Mequon-Thiensville board split on expanding communications director position
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board criticizes Legislature, advocates local control
- News & Notes: Feb. 25