for School Board
I wholeheartedly support Wendy Francour as a candidate for the Mequon-Thiensville Board of Education. I met Wendy when we served together on a school district task force back in 2006. Over these past eight years, Wendy has continued to earn my respect as I've witnessed her unwavering support of and involvement in the school district and community. She has worked tirelessly behind the scenes on numerous projects including chairing the Many Hands fundraising campaign, serving on two district task forces to address budget shortfalls, and working on other programs directly impacting the daily lives of students in the school district, such as the participating in district curriculum review committees and creating and implementing tutoring and after-school programs. Wendy has demonstrated her investment in this community; she has deep roots here and understands this community and its diversity of values. As a Board of Education member, she will balance what is best for kids and the community and help move us forward.
With her 35 years of business, marketing and development experience, Wendy knows how to mediate differences by listening and being collaborative. She is a sharp thinker and committed to finding ways to address the challenges facing the school district. Wendy is energetic and tackles problems with grace, understanding and a positive attitude. She will ensure ongoing fiscal discipline in the process. We can trust Wendy to give thoughtful consideration to problems and solutions that will support educational and community values. I am thrilled to see her come out from behind the scenes to the forefront as a Board of Education candidate! Please join me in voting for Wendy Francour – a candidate for all of us!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon council votes down subdivision proposal at Oldenburg Farm
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Apartment building, assisted living center approved in Mequon
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016