Mequon – The Mequon Community Foundation will honor Richard R. Pieper, Sr. at its third annual "Pillars of the Community" Award Luncheon on Tuesday, June 3rd at the North Shore Country Club. Pieper is a businessman, entrepreneur, community leader, and philanthropist.
Last year, Pieper received the national American Patriot of Character Award from the Character Education Partnership (CEP). Each year, the award is given to one American citizen whose leadership exemplifies the very best of the nation's founding principles and ideals.
"We are so happy to be honoring Richard Pieper, Sr. who, in addition to contributing to the quality of our community, is a national award winner for his character and leadership," said Kathy Pederson, Mequon Community Foundation President.
In 2005, the PieperPower Foundation made a multi-year commitment to the Mequon Nature Preserve. Part of the gift was used to renovate the Spirit Life Church building and create the environmentally friendly and energy efficient PieperPower Education Center. Today, the 10,000-square-foot building houses the Nature Preserve's offices and serves as an education and conference center.
The Pieper family business, Pieper Electric was founded by Richard R. Pieper Sr.'s father, Julius Pieper, in 1947. In 1960, at the age of 23, Richard took over leadership of the company. By the late 1970s, Pieper Electric had grown to include branches and franchises in Wisconsin and eight other states. Later Pieper Electric was rebranded as PIEPERPOWER and the family of companies became PPC Partners, Inc. In 2001 they became employee-owned. Richard R. Pieper, Sr. is currently Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of PPC Partners, Inc.
Formerly, Pieper served on the Board of the Character Education Partnership and he launched the Wisconsin Character Education Partnership in 2006. A long-time advocate for the concept of servant leadership, Pieper is Past Chairman of the Board for the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership in Indianapolis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)