A representative from the Shorewood Band Parents Booster Club informed district administrators of a discrepancy in the club's accounts yesterday, prompting an investigation from Shorewood police, according to a district news release.
A leader within the Band Parents Booster Club has taken responsibility for the error, according to the release, though that individual has not been identified.
Shorewood police are in the beginning stages of the investigation and have not been able to comment on the case.
The district said in the release that it will lend support to the club as it sorts out the issue. The size of the accounting discrepancy has not been released.
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 12, 2016