A representative from the Shorewood Band Parents Booster Club informed district administrators of a discrepancy in the club's accounts yesterday, prompting an investigation from Shorewood police, according to a district news release.
A leader within the Band Parents Booster Club has taken responsibility for the error, according to the release, though that individual has not been identified.
Shorewood police are in the beginning stages of the investigation and have not been able to comment on the case.
The district said in the release that it will lend support to the club as it sorts out the issue. The size of the accounting discrepancy has not been released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon passes wild animal ban
- Mequon Common Council critical of DOT projects
- Election update
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Back to the drawing board on Mequon's gateway
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Less bang for the bucks: Mequon council aims for doe-only deer culling
- Thiensville man cited after hurrying to get hamburgers home to wife
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 9