Two Milwaukee men, 40 and 53, were arrested for theft and resisting/obstruction as they attempted to take scrap metal from Jorgenson's Conveyor, 10303 N. Baehr Road, at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 12. Both ran but both stopped when canine officer Vero arrived on the scene. One man, hiding in bushes, said he was coming out and "don't let him bite me."
A bike rack valued at $580 was taken from Lemke Park, 10301 W. Donges Bay Road, on Aug. 13 or 14.
A boy and girl, both 16 of Mequon, were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and the boy also for possession of 2.5 grams of marijuana as they sat in a car behind a store in the 12400 block of North Port Washington Road at 12:35 a.m. Aug. 13. The marijuana and one pipe were found in the boy's backpack and a pink pipe was found in the girl's purse.
An 18-year-old Fox Point man was arrested for drunken driving, underage drinking, possession of marijuana, failure to have insurance, no stop lamps and failure to notify police of an accident after driving his car off the road and then leaving the scene in the 1200 block of West Mequon Road at 3:30 a.m. Aug. 10. The man, who had a minor cut to his lip, admitted having "three or four beers." A trace amount of marijuana was found in the car. The man's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.11 and he was taken for a blood draw.
A 24-year-old Mequon man was arrested for drunken driving, lane deviation and failure to signal after police saw him driving erratically in the 1300 block of West Highland Road at 3:45 a.m. Aug. 11. The man had a preliminary BAC of 0.13 and he was taken for a blood draw.
A 29-year-old Thiensville man was arrested for stealing CDs and a video game system from his brother who lives in the 200 block of Park Crest at 10:19 a.m. Aug. 16. Police also discovered the 29-year-old had stolen a pneumatic nailer from his employer in Mequon.
A 19-year-old Milwaukee man is under investigation for using a government assistance card to purchase items and then resell them. The man approached an off-duty police officer to use his "Quest card" and sell the officer items for cash. The man said he did nothing wrong, and the only reason he approached the officer is because he's homeless and needs money. The card is being held as evidence and he will be referred to the District Attorney's office for theft by fraud charges, and the Milwaukee office of Wisconsin Department of Health Services will review his eligibility for the government program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17