A purse hidden under the passenger seat was taken from a car parked at Libby Montana's, 5616 W. Donges Bay Road, early evening Dec. 5. Before the theft was discovered, a debit card was used to withdraw from $400 to $600 from ATM machines. Damage to a window was about $200.
The theft of $8,000 was reported at M&I Bank, 1555 W. Mequon Road, at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 8. A known subject deposited a check Nov. 15, which turned out to be worthless, and then withdrew that amount from a branch bank.
A 35-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for driving while impaired, driving left of center, failure to stop for both a red light and an emergency vehicle in the 9600 block of North Cedarburg Road at 2:30 a.m. Dec. 3. When asked why he drove through a red light the man said, "I'm not familiar with the area." He was taken for a blood draw.
A 19-year-old Houston man was arrested for absolute sobriety, possession of intoxicants and driving without lights as he pulled into Concordia University, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, at 3:15 a.m. Dec. 3. The man was also arrested for underage drinking as were two passengers, an 18-year-old Colorado man and a 19-year-old Minnesota man. All are students. The driver admitted it was a mistake to drink since he was the designated driver. He also said he turned off his lights to "scare" the security people. His blood alcohol content was 0.05. The other BACs were 0.14 and 0.13.
A 58-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for driving while impaired and too fast for conditions on Zedler Lane at Lake Shore Drive at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8. He failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.07.
A book of blank checks was taken from a home in the 600 block of Crescent prior to 3:22 p.m. Dec. 6. Glass on a back door was broken to gain entrance.
A 25-year-old Grafton man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, in the 200 block of North Main Street at 3:12 a.m. Dec. 10. An officer observed the man's vehicle driving at a slow rate of speed while drifting into the center turn lane. The driver smelled of alcohol and failed field sobriety tests. He was taken to a hospital for a blood draw.
Tenants were treated for respiratory irritation in the 500 block of Green Bay Road at 4:28 p.m. Dec. 9 after primer being used to prepare an apartment for a new tenant was not properly ventilated. Work was stopped pending adequate ventilation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17