· A 63-year-old Mequon woman was arrested Oct. 9 for theft of more than 400 books valued at more than $10,000 from the Weyenberg Library, 11345 N. Cedarburg Road, and charged for felony theft in Ozaukee County Circuit Court on Nov. 14. The woman, who worked part-time at the library, resigned Sept. 21 after she had been suspended because of theft of a dozen or so books. At that time police weren't called. A short time later, the library was contacted by a Berlin, Wis., senior center saying a park employee found 11 garbage bags filled with hundreds of books all with identification revealing they belonged to the library. It was then police were called and the woman questioned. She admitted taking the books saying she had "a sickness." The books found in the Berlin park had been taken there by a man after a relative of the woman asked him to get rid of the stolen books. Another 100 or more books were found at that same park around Nov. 21. Those books were damaged and had to be discarded.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana, with a prior conviction, a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman for resisting/obstruction and four warrants, and a 43-year-old Milwaukee woman for violation of ignition interlock device and violation of child safety restraint in the 11700 block of North Port Washington Road at 9 p.m. Nov. 21. There was a strong odor of marijuana in the car and a blunt was found on the back seat where the man was sitting with a child on his lap.
· A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, suspended registration for unpaid tickets and driving without lights in the 10400 block of North Wauwatosa Road at 1:35 a.m. Nov. 23. When asked how much he had to drink the man said "not much" but then said four or five beers. His blood alcohol content was 0.20.
· A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, unreasonable speed and driving while suspended after he sped past a squad car going over 70 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 11700 block of West Mequon Road at 9:40 p.m. Nov. 23. His BAC was 0.13.
· A 21-year-old Crandon woman was arrested for drunken driving, lane deviation, driving while suspended and open intoxicants in the 1200 block of West Liebau Road at 4:41 a.m. Nov. 24. As an officer approached the car, the woman was seen drinking from a can of beer. When she saw the officer, she quickly put the can down and picked up a bottle of water. Her BAC was 0.12.
· Two Thiensville residents, an 82-year-old woman and a 56-year-old man were targets of two different scams on Nov. 26. The woman reported at noon that she received a call from "her bank" wanting information on her bank accounts. The caller claimed to need the information to resolve a problem. The woman hung up on the caller.
The second call was made at 12:31 p.m. to the Thiensville man by caller saying he was from Microsoft and he needed information from the resident's computer to help fix a problem. The caller was hard to understand and it appears the call was placed from a landline in Vermont. No information was given, phone number now disconnected.
The Thiensville Police Department is warning residents that no information should given to any unsolicited caller. If the caller is questionable, gather as much information as you can about the caller and contact the police department, and never give out personal information over the phone or computer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 18
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 28
- Police report: Jan. 21
- Police report: Jan. 13