· A 19-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft of a cake valued at $67 at Metro Market, 11558 N. Port Washington Road, at 10:26 a.m. Feb. 9. She and another woman came to the store and picked up two special-ordered cakes paying $150 for one. The women then split up with the suspect putting the smaller cake in a cart and walking out of the store without paying.
· Five cars were broken into and items taken including at least one purse and wallet at the North Shore Cinema, 11700 N. Port Washington Road, between 7:30 and 8 p.m. Feb. 11. What was taken and the value was not yet available. Evidence was left at the scene and is being investigated. Similar car break-ins have been reported at other theaters in this part of Wisconsin.
· A 20-year-old Thiensville man was arrested for drunken driving, underage drinking and speeding 55 to 60 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 4600 block of West Mequon Road at 3:42 a.m. Feb. 9. There was a strong mint odor in the car. The man, who denied drinking, failed field sobriety tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.18.
· A 44-year-old Illinois man is a suspect in attempting to have a fraudulent prescription for 100 pills of hydrocodone filled at Walgreens, 11270 N. Port Washington Road, at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 8. The man registered his identification and turned in the prescription. He was in the store waiting but left quickly when told the prescription was not valid.
· Four 17-year-old boys, an 18-year-old man and two 18-year-old women, all of Mequon, were arrested for underage drinking and a 17-year-old Mequon boy for furnishing a place for underage consumption after a Tip-411 call reporting an underage drinking party in the 10100 block of North Vintage Court at 10:15 p.m. Feb. 8. The parents allowed police into the home saying their son was having a few friends over. The teens were in the basement along with alcohol and beer. It was then police heard a loud noise in the living room and saw a boy running away after crashing through a patio door screen. The boy, who was not wearing shoes, ran through several yards followed by an officer before falling to the ground wet and shivering and appearing intoxicated. The boy, 17 of Mequon, was arrested for underage drinking, resisting and damage to property and taken for medical treatment. The teens' preliminary BACs ranged from 0.02 to 0.133.
· A 55-year-old Thiensville woman was cited for open burning of trash in the 200 block of South Main Street at 3:35 p.m. Feb. 15. The Thiensville Fire Department was called and found garbage burning in an open fire pit that was unattended and included pieces of plastice in it.
· A 17-year-old Grafton youth was cited for felony bail jumping and possession of drug paraphernalia after being stopped for speeding in 100 block of North Main Street at 9:23 p.m. Feb. 16. An officer smelled a strong odor of burnt marijuana coming from the vehicle. A canine unit hit on the vehicle and multiple pipes were located. The subject was in violation of his bail and taken to Ozaukee County jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014