· Dozens of pieces of jewelry including diamond and gold rings, earrings and necklaces valued at more than $9,000 were taken from the 12300 block of North Golf Drive between 4:30 and 7:10 p.m. Feb. 16. Two sets of footprints, a size 111/2 and a size 6, were found leading up to and away from the front door which had signs of forced entry.
· A 26-year-old Milwaukee woman had been ordered in by the police as a suspect in the theft of more than $700 during the past few months from her former employer, First Watch, 11032 N. Port Washington Road, on Feb. 17. The woman, who was fired Feb. 7, would void cash transactions and then take that money.
· Police have requested state charges of retail theft for a 35-year-old Milwaukee woman for taking 18-cans of baby formula valued at $306 from Metro Market, 11558 N. Port Washington Road, about 8:10 p.m. Feb. 17. The woman was seen taking an entire shelf of the formula, then leaving the store and driving away. The car's plate was traced to a Brookfield address and later when police there were contacted, they said they had arrested the woman for a similar theft from a Brookfield store.
· A 16-year-old Mequon boy was arrested for theft Feb. 19 of a smartphone taken from another student at Homestead High School, 5000 W. Mequon Road, on Feb. 6. The boy admitted taking the phone and returned it.
· A 16-year-old Mequon girl was arrested for theft of a smartphone taken from a backpack in the girls locker room during gym class at Homestead High School, 5000 W. Mequon Road, before 2:45 p.m. Feb. 19. The phone was traced to her home. The girl said she found the phone and intended to return it the next day.
· A 27-year-old St. Francis man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after being stopped for driving without lights in the 10300 block of North Wauwatosa Road at 1:35 a.m. Feb. 15. A strong odor of raw marijuana was evident when the man opened the glove box to find his insurance card and when the officer said he could smell it, the man said, "No you can't." A water bong and pipe were found in the back seat and 1.4 grams of marijuana in the glove box. The man admitted he has smoked marijuana for about three years.
· A 52-year-old Port Washington man was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, and bail jumping after a 911 call reporting an erratic driver on Interstate 43 south of Pioneer Road at 7:50 p.m. Feb. 19. When asked if he'd been drinking, the man said, "Of course not. Don't be silly." The man, who failed field sobriety tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.18, was taken for a blood draw.
· A 22-year-old Sheboygan man was cited for unlawful use of the phone 11:53 a.m. Feb. 20 after making several calls to a 22-year-old Sheboygan woman staying a relative's in the 200 block of Vernon Avenue that were "threatening in nature" and made her concerned for her safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29