Two geophysical ground penetrating radar pieces of equipment each valued at $25,000 were reported taken from a Mequon company in the 13100 block of North Green Bay Road on Feb. 6. The machines were rented in November to a Merrillville, Ind., company that paid for the $6,350 rental using a credit card which turned out to be fraudulent. The case is under investigation.
A laptop computer valued at $1,139 was reported taken from the 11600 block of North Vega Avenue sometime Jan. 15 to Feb. 18. The laptop had also been used at MATC.
A watch with a mother of pearl face and 12 diamonds valued at $2,500 was taken from a jacket left unattended for about 40 minutes at Elite Fitness, 11616 N. Port Washington Road, before 5:15 p.m. Feb. 21.
A 27-year-old Mequon man was arrested for drunken driving, driving without a valid license and speeding 73 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 12000 block of North Silver Avenue at 7 a.m. Feb. 17. The man had recently moved to Wisconsin from North Dakota where he had a suspended license. His blood alcohol content was 0.17.
A resident reported her credit card number had been used to purchase items valued at more than $1,600 at a Kohl's store in California Feb. 5 to Feb. 12. The resident still had the actual card.
A 19-year-old Port Washington woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after the car she was in was stopped for failure to have a front plate in the 10100 block of North Port Washington Road at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 15. Two pipes with residue were found one in her purse and one in the car. A 19-year-old Cedarburg man, the driver, was arrested on an outstanding Cedarburg warrant for possession of marijuana.
A boy and girl both 17 from Chicago were found walking in the 11000 block of North Port Washington Road about 3:30 a.m. Feb. 20. They said they had run out of gas, had no money and their cellphones were dead. The two turned out to be runaways and the girl told police she just wanted a "new start." A parent drove to Mequon and took them home.
A check forgery was reported at a business at 10:15 a.m. Feb. 21. A fake check for $1,895 had been created using the company's name and routing numbers. There is no loss to the company.
A 47-year-old Thiensville woman was arrested for driving under the influence after the vehicle she was driving was stopped in the 200 block of East Freistadt at 8:13 p.m. at Feb. 21. It was reported the vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed and was on two tires. She was transported to St. Mary's for a blood draw.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Police Reports: April 8