· Two flat screen TVs, a 16-inch and 32-inch, valued at $1,500 were taken from the 11200 block of North River Birch Drive sometime 8:15 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 24. A window was broken to gain entry.
· A 25-year-old man was arrested Jan. 28 in Kansas City for theft of a motor vehicle taken from Sendik's, 10930 N. Port Washington Road, about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 25. A male passenger, not yet identified, and the driver were in possession of checks taken from a mail box in the 9600 block of North Orchard Court before Jan. 28. Both men have drug-related charges pending.
· An 18-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for possession of two glass pipes with marijuana residue and theft of a bottle of brandy at Sendik's, 10930 N. Port Washington Road, at 6:15 p.m. Jan. 29. The woman had put the alcohol in her purse and attempted to leave the store but was stopped.
· A 51-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for possession of nitrous oxide with intent to ingest, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving the wrong way on a divided highway after an officer saw her weaving in traffic at Port Washington Road and Katherine Drive at 2 a.m. Jan. 28. A box of nitrous oxide was found in the car along with two pipes with marijuana residue. The woman admitted smoking marijuana the day before and said she used the cartridges to decorate cakes. She then admitted she inhales the cartridges using from 20 to 30 a day because the "feeling" only lasts a few seconds. She also said she worked at a daycare center.
· A 47-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for drunken driving and unsafe lane deviation after she was seen crossing the center line on West Mequon Road and stopped in the 8500 block of West Poplar Drive at 8:19 p.m. Jan. 28. She at first denied drinking then admitted having two beers. Both filled and empty bottles of beer were found in her car. Her blood alcohol content was 0.21.
· An employee from a business in the 300 block of North Main Street reported fluid spilled in the parking lot from a gas tanker at 5:51 a.m. Jan. 21. The Thiensville Fire Department was called and it appeared that the driver of the tanker truck forgot to connect the vapor recovery hose which caused the spill of less than 20 gallons of gas. he Area was cleaned up and the owner of the tanker truck, located in Milwaukee, was cited for violation of discharge regulation.
· Officers responded to the 100 block of Grand Avenue to a report of loud music in one of the apartments at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 1. The officer, met at the door by three 21-year-old Thiensville men who identified themselves as the renters of the apartment, noticed beer cans in the living room. A second officer reported that a large group of people were running out a rear door. The second officer followed them as they broke into another apartment in the complex. Eight people were located in the second apartment hiding in a closet. All eight were issued citations for underage drinking and resisting arrest. The three Thiensville adults were issued citations for providing alcohol to underage people. A total of 19 citations were issued.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 18
- Police report: Jan. 28
- Police report: Jan. 21
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Dec. 30
- Police report: Dec. 23
- Police report: Dec. 17
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 12
- Police Report: Nov. 5