About $200 in petty cash was taken from a secured filing cabinet at Crossroads Presbyterian Church, 6031 W. Chapel Hill Road, about 10 a.m. Dec. 25. A church member, who had just arrived to prepare for the 11 a.m. Christmas service, saw a man drive off in a dark blue Dodge van. He then found the cabinet had been forced open. The church had been unlocked about an hour before.
A 34-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for identity theft and forgery last week after using a credit card stolen from a car at the Ozaukee Ice Center, 5505 W. Pioneer Road, on Nov. 20. The woman was caught on surveillance video using that card at various stores including Target.
Two unsecured cars were entered and a digital media player valued at $200 taken from one in the 2000 block of West Ranch Road on Dec. 22 or 23.
A snow blower valued at $1,000 was taken from a storage area at Ewald Land Design, 9900 N. Granville Road, sometime Dec. 23 to Dec. 26.
A 20-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, suspended registration and driving with a suspended license on Mequon Road at Crown Court at 3 p.m. Dec. 24. The man said he was driving home for Christmas in his mother's car and didn't know her registration was suspended. However, he did admit he knew his license was. A pill bottle with about a gram of marijuana was found which he said he was "taking home for the holidays."
Outdoor Christmas decorations were damaged in the 700 and 10800 blocks of West Haddonstone Place and the 10500 block of North Wood Crest Drive Dec. 23 and 24. Some lights were broken and some items had been thrown into a pond.
A 20-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for absolute sobriety and speeding over 50 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 2300 block of West Highland Road at 2:20 a.m. Dec. 24. An 18-year-old Mequon man, a passenger, was arrested for underage drinking. His preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.049 and hers was 0.017.
A 21-year-old Waukesha man was arrested for drunken driving at the intersection of Main Street and Green Bay Road at 1:40 a.m. Jan. 1. When asked where he was going, the driver said just down the road to his home. The officer informed the man he was in Thiensville, but he insisted he was in Oconomowoc. His blood alcohol content was 0.11.
A 23-year-old Thiensville man was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 100 block of North Main Street at 9:36 p.m. Dec. 29. The incident started as road rage in Mequon. A 45-year-old Brown Deer man pulled into the new car lot of Schmit Ford when the younger man stopped his vehicle on the road and ran toward him. The Brown Deer man called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29