· A 54-year-old Port Washington woman, a house cleaner, was arrested for theft of more than $750 from a residence where she worked in the 3600 block of West Marseilles Drive at 4 p.m. March 3. The resident discovered money missing over a time span. In order to find out who took it, the resident hid some more money. When that was taken, police were called.
· A digital projector valued at about $500 was taken from a room at Mequon City Hall, 11333 N. Cedarburg Road at 9:10 a.m. prior to March 6. It was last seen Jan. 20.
· A 39-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for drunken driving and unsafe lane deviation in the 1900 block of West Mequon Road at 9:17 p.m. Feb. 27. The man had been seen weaving in traffic almost hitting the medium, then speeding up to 52 mph and slowing to 4 mph. The man, who smelled of alcohol, failed field sobriety tests and had a prelimnary blood alcohol content of 0.14.
· A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, driving after revocation and failure to obey a traffic officer near the I-43 exit ramp at West Mequon Road at 7:25 p.m. March 4. The man was stopped after he was seen driving erratically, turning north onto the southbound ramp and then making a U-turn and after exiting the ramp. The car, a 1998 Ford Explorer, had been stolen in Milwaukee on Feb. 22.
· Two similar attempted scams were reported to Mequon police March 5 and 6. In both, women told police they'd received e-mails from someone who said he/she had been hired to kill that woman. In one e-mail, the woman was told if she would send $8,000 everything would be fine. The other e-mail said he/she had been hired by someone the woman knew.
· Two 56-year-old men and a 45-year-old man were arrested in connection with retail theft, including one incident involving a store in the 200 block of North Main Street. At about 7 p.m. March 5, Thiensville police had seen a vehicle on South Main Street matching the description of a vehicle in a Cedarburg theft earlier. The men were arrested by Bayside police on Interstate 43. In the vehicle were multiple cartons of cigarettes, multiple bottles of vodka and other liquor, and bags of new clothing. Two of the men were referred to the District Attorney's office for retail theft and possession of stolen property. The third man was cited for possession of stolen property.
· A 19-year-old Grafton man was arrested for driving under the influence and underage alcohol consumption following a traffic stop in the 100 block of North Main Street at 5:08 p.m. March 7. The vehicle had been pulled over for an expired license registration. Police noticed a smell of alcohol and marijuana. The driver refused sobriety testing and chemical blood testing. Two passengers, a 20-year-old man and a 16-year-old girl, were also arrested for underage consumption.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29