· A 33-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for armed robbery, false imprisonment, driving under the influence, driving after suspension, failure to have insurance and driving without headlights after taking another man's wallet and cellphone in the 11200 block of North Port Washington Road about 1 a.m. Oct. 12. The man entered the victim's car, threatened him with a box cutter, and took the items before fleeing. The victim was able to wave down a squad car saying, "I've just been jacked." The suspect was stopped in his car about a mile away, and the wallet and phone were recovered.
· Items — including a chain saw, weed eaters, a hedge trimmer and backpack leaf blowers — valued at more than $2,000 were taken from an unlocked landscape trailer in the 6900 block of West Donges Bay Road on Oct. 16 or 17.
· A sign identifying a farm valued at $300 was taken from the 8600 block of West Hawthorne Road on Oct. 15 or 16.
· A 22-year-old Illinois man, a student, was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after Campus Safety called police at Concordia University, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, at 10:40 p.m. Oct. 8. The man was in his car and admitted smoking the drug, saying he was stressed over school and looking for a job. Police confiscated 0.1 gram of marijuana and a pipe and scale with residue. The man said he buys the marijuana in Illinois.
· A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop for suspended registration in the 7600 block of W. Knightsbridge Drive at 6 p.m. Oct. 12. The driver, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, was arrested on a warrant.
· A 38-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for driving while impaired after she reportedly drove over lawns and hit at least one mailbox in the 400 block of West Mequon Road at 7:25 p.m. Oct. 14. The woman's boyfriend, who was following her in his truck, got into her car and drove to a relative's home in the 12500 block of North Island Drive. When police arrived, the woman was incoherent but eventually admitted "huffing" from a can of a "cleaner duster." That container was found in her car. She was taken to a hospital for medical assistance and a blood draw.
· A car was scratched with a key on both sides, causing about $1,000 damage, in the 10900 block of North Port Washington Road on Oct. 16.
· An 80-year-old Mequon man was warned after a report of him driving onto the eighth hole of the Highland Course at River Club, 12400 N. Ville Du Park Drive, at 7:22 p.m. Oct. 13. The man said he was trying to scare away a coyote that was in his yard on North Golf Drive.
· An 18-year-old man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a vehicle after license revocation following a traffic stop in the 200 block of North Main Street at 3:06 p.m. Oct. 21. A syringe was also found in crotch area of his pants filled with a clear liquid. A passenger in the car, who was wanted by the state Department of Corrections, was also taken into custody. Both transported to the Ozaukee County jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 18
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 28
- Police report: Jan. 21
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Dec. 30
- Police report: Dec. 23
- Police report: Dec. 17
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 12