· A backpack and other items valued at more than $3,000 including a digital media player, laptop computer, reading glasses and spa gift certificates were taken from an unlocked car in a driveway in the 3800 block of West Stonefield Road overnight Oct. 1 or 2.
· A 34-year-old Mequon man was arrested for drunken driving and charges are pending for speeding 48 to 54 mph in a 25 mph zone after he hit a tree at Dorothy Place and Pilot Drive at 9 p.m. Sept. 25. The truck was on its side with headlights on but he told police he spun out because the lights went out. His preliminary BACblood alcohol content was 0.157 and he was taken for a blood draw.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, underage drinking, refusal to take a breath test and warned for a defective lamp in the 11200 block of Interstate 43 at 2:35 a.m. Sept. 28. He denied drinking as did his three passengers, two 17-year-old Mequon boys and a 16-year-old Milwaukee boy who were all cited for underage drinking with BACs ranging from 0.02 to 0.08.
· A 49-year-old Brown Deer man driving a motorcycle was arrested for drunken driving and a citation is pending for reckless driving/unreasonable and imprudent speed after he lost control while making a turn and ended up on the ground at Wauwatosa and County Line roads at 3:05 p.m. Oct. 2. The man said he had only one vodka and Coke and was not drunk. His BAC was 0.20. He was taken to a hospital to be evaluated for any injuries and a blood draw.
· A 22-year-old Mequon man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, a tourniquet, a spoon and needle with residue, after he was found unresponsive possibly because of a heroin overdose in the 10800 block of North Cedarburg Road at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 27. The man admitted using heroin "recreationally" but that he was "not an addict." Paramedics were called to the scene.
· A 19-year-old Slinger woman was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety, driving after suspension and underage drinking at Wauwatosa and Highland roads at 2:42 a.m. Sept. 28. When police approached the car, her passenger, a 37-year-old Milwaukee man, ran into a corn field and will be issued a citation for obstruction. The woman's BAC was 0.02.
· A 56-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for driving under the influence, with a prior conviction, on Ville Du Parc and Golf drives at 5:15 p.m. Sept. 28. There was a strong odor of marijuana in the car and canine officer Vero hit aggressively around the driver's seat. The man then admitted he had just smoked a joint. His BAC was 0.00 and he was taken for a blood draw.
· A 51-year-old Evanston, Ill., woman was warned for driving the wrong way on a divided highway near the 1500 block of West Mequon Road at 10:50 p.m. Oct. 2. The woman said she was just following instructions form her GPS. According to a police report, the woman was "not impaired, just confused."
· A 34-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for open intoxicants, driving after revocation and failure to have insurance in the 9800 block of West County Line Road at 1:41 p.m. Oct. 3. An open bottle of beer was in the center console.
· A bicycle, value unknown, was reported stolen in the 100 block of Linden Lane at 1:08 p.m. Sept. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 18