· A purse and a case of beer were taken from the 9700 block of Greenview Lane between midnight and 6:45 a.m. Sept. 11. A screen door to the attached garage was forced open and entry gained to the home. A neighbor reported hearing dogs barking about 2:30 a.m. and saw two people running from the area. However, he didn't call police until later in the day. Police urge residents to call them at once if they see anything suspicious.
· Two extension ladders, 20-feet and 28-feet, each valued at $200, were taken from a construction site in the 7100 block of West Oakview Court sometime Aug. 30 to Sept 6.
· A trail camera valued at $150 was reported missing from the 15000 block of West Donges Bay Road on Sept 8.
· Three decorative statues, two of elves and one of a Chinese empress, valued at more than $500 were taken from a yard in the 12600 block of North Yvonne Drive on Sept. 5 to 10 and reported Sept. 11.
· More than $1,200 in cash kept in separate envelopes was reported taken from the 1900 block of West Hidden Reserve Court on Sept. 11. Workers had been in the home Sept. 6 when the theft might have occurred.
· A 22-year-old Grafton man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon, a 16-inch wooden club, after he was stopped for not wearing a seat belt and a 20-year-old Grafton man, a passenger, for possession of 1.8 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 10900 block of North Port Washington Road at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 6. The marijuana was in a bag under the passenger seat. Each man also had a pipe with marijuana residue.
· A 21-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman, both of Belgium, were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after the man's car was stopped for suspended registration in the 13600 block of Interstate 43 at 2 a.m. Sept. 12. The man had marijuana flakes scattered all over his pants and both admitted smoking the drug earlier. A grinder and pipe both with marijuana residue were in the car.
· An employee from a business in the 200 block of North Main Street reported at 2:53 p.m. Sept. 10 that several purchases were made by use of illegally obtained charge card numbers. The employee stated earlier in the morning a female identifying herself as living in Oklahoma called the business and stated that her charge account was being used. A total of at least three transactions were noted using this person's charge card number. When asked if the card was still in her possession, she stated that her bank said the card was being used days before the 10th, but kept it instead of closing the account. Reviewing surveillance video, a man and several women came into the store and split up and started purchasing items in the store. The case is under investigation, and the suspects may have made purchases at other businesses in Ozaukee County.
· A 77-year-old woman reported advertising a coffee pot on Craigslist for $60. An interested person sent a check from a California bank in the amount of $1,250 for the coffee pot and wanted the difference returned to him. The woman contacted Thiensville police on Sept. 16. Police determined the account number and the check were fraudulent and advised the woman to not mail the coffee pot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24