Proposed changes at the Milwaukee Jewish Federation's Karl Jewish Community Campus have advanced, following a review and favorable recommendation by the Plan Commission on Tuesday.
Commissioners discussed JCC's plans for the site, 6255 N. Santa Monica Blvd., as a standard practice outlined in Village Code. The prevailing concern raised during Tuesday's discussion centered around parking at the site during larger events. JCC officials expressed a continued willingness to work with village staff and nearby neighbors.
Commissioners' recommendation will now be forwarded to the Village Board for final action.
JCC officials are requesting eight operational and structural changes at the campus. The list includes proposed fencing on the back field of the property, increasing the number of permissible annual special events on the campus from 12 to 20 and requesting up to 30 events, including wedding receptions, be allowed to function until 1 a.m., instead of the current 11 p.m. cut off time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Homestead will start turf work on Monday
- Mequon-Thiensville school taxes stay flat
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Mequon works toward coyote management plan (8)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Mequon assesses homeowners for new sewer service
- Mequon is thinking about regulating short-term home rentals (1)