Mequon — Former mayor Connie Pukaite has upset former alderman Bob Ashmore with a successful write-in campaign and claimed the District 2 seat on the Mequon Common Council.
Pukaite received 58 percent of the vote while Ashmore received 40 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Connie Pukaite 362
Bob Ashmore 252
According to City Clerk Diane Kowalchuk, the write-in votes were counted four times to ensure accuracy.
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17