Mequon — Former mayor Connie Pukaite has upset former alderman Bob Ashmore with a successful write-in campaign and claimed the District 2 seat on the Mequon Common Council.
Pukaite received 58 percent of the vote while Ashmore received 40 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Connie Pukaite 362
Bob Ashmore 252
According to City Clerk Diane Kowalchuk, the write-in votes were counted four times to ensure accuracy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead honored for AP test results
- Mequon schools approve 4K program (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Subdivision moves forward in Mequon
- Coyote concerns arise in Mequon (2)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville School District seeks input on referendum
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014