North Shore communities claim four of the top six spots in Movoto Blog's "10 Best Places In Wisconsin" list, with the city of Mequon ranking first in the state.
Based on the criteria of amenities, quality of life, crime, taxes, unemployment, commute time, and weather, the real estate blog ranked Mequon first, Brown Deer third, Fox Point fourth, and Whitefish Bay sixth among 130 Wisconsin municipalities.
Mequon was noted for its quality of life, low crime and unemployment rates, and average summer temperature. Brown Deer was highlighted for a low crime rate and available amenities. Due to its state-leading overall quality of life, lack of crime, and climate Fox Point was honored, while Whitefish Bay made the cut for its high level of amenities and quality of life.
Full rankings courtesy of Movoto:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Delivery man cited for swearing when woman asks him to move his truck
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Mequon named top K-12 district in state
- Campus Colors sports new Mequon storefront
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Mequon cracks down on underage party hosts
- Mequon may allow chickens on smaller lots
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014