North Shore communities claim four of the top six spots in Movoto Blog's "10 Best Places In Wisconsin" list, with the city of Mequon ranking first in the state.
Based on the criteria of amenities, quality of life, crime, taxes, unemployment, commute time, and weather, the real estate blog ranked Mequon first, Brown Deer third, Fox Point fourth, and Whitefish Bay sixth among 130 Wisconsin municipalities.
Mequon was noted for its quality of life, low crime and unemployment rates, and average summer temperature. Brown Deer was highlighted for a low crime rate and available amenities. Due to its state-leading overall quality of life, lack of crime, and climate Fox Point was honored, while Whitefish Bay made the cut for its high level of amenities and quality of life.
Full rankings courtesy of Movoto:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)