A proposed luxury apartment development behind the Fox Bay Cinema building in Whitefish Bay is advancing, following a preliminary review by the village Plan Commission on Wednesday.
Commissioners held a pre-petition conference with The Mandel Group, the developer that is looking to build 103 upscale apartments at 302-334 E. Silver Spring Drive. The conference was a formality under village code and was an opportunity for commissioners to weigh in and determine whether the proposal was worth pursuing further.
Mandel executives emphasized that public parking would be an important part of the development if it moves forward. The existing 135 village-owned parking spaces would be replaced by the development. But it would include 132 covered spaces at street level that would be made available and retained under village ownership.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 5, 2015
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Mequon scout builds 20 benches for city parks
- Homestead High School athletic pavilion would be named after Sommer's Subaru
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon cancer survivor honored with Concordia scholarship
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin plans new Mequon clinic