Preliminary plans for a senior living facility are moving forward in Shorewood.
The Plan Commission on Tuesday heard a presentation from representatives of Illinois-based Pathway Senior Living. The company is proposing a 104-unit development at the site of the former Pig 'n Whistle and Riverbrook restaurants, 1111 E. Capital Drive.
According to details outlined in Pathway's plans, the development is to encompass 56 assisted living units and 48 units offering memory care services. There would be two connected buildings standing as high as four stories.
If plans proceed, the Pathway development would replace the ill-fated Sunrise Senior Living development proposed in 2008. Sunrise pulled out of the project as the economy soured.
With the preliminary meeting accomplished, Pathway officials are now tasked with drawing up finite plans that will be brought back to commissioners for further review at a later date.
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016