Preliminary plans for a senior living facility are moving forward in Shorewood.
The Plan Commission on Tuesday heard a presentation from representatives of Illinois-based Pathway Senior Living. The company is proposing a 104-unit development at the site of the former Pig 'n Whistle and Riverbrook restaurants, 1111 E. Capital Drive.
According to details outlined in Pathway's plans, the development is to encompass 56 assisted living units and 48 units offering memory care services. There would be two connected buildings standing as high as four stories.
If plans proceed, the Pathway development would replace the ill-fated Sunrise Senior Living development proposed in 2008. Sunrise pulled out of the project as the economy soured.
With the preliminary meeting accomplished, Pathway officials are now tasked with drawing up finite plans that will be brought back to commissioners for further review at a later date.
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- New Torah scroll welcomed to the Peltz Center for Jewish Life with parade in Mequon
- Video: Peltz Jewish Center parades new Hakhel Torah