On a narrow 3-2 vote, the Shorewood School Board on Tuesday voted in favor of a 2012-13 calendar that sets in motion the start and end dates of the school year, as well as the extended winter and spring breaks.
School will begin Sept. 4 and wrap June 13, 2013. Winter break will run from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2; spring break will be held from March 25 to April 1.
The board was divided on Tuesday's course of action. This was the first calendar drafted since Act 10 removed calendar building from the collective bargaining process.
Administrators drafted the calendar, but did have dialogue with teachers on the document. Concerns about the thoroughness of the drafting process were raised by the board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Mequon works toward coyote management plan (8)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Mequon assesses homeowners for new sewer service
- Mequon is thinking about regulating short-term home rentals (1)
- Centennial Bar and Grille closes, makes room for new Sobelman's in Mequon
- Developer buys 112 acres of Mequon-Thiensville School District property for $2.9 million
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 11, 2015