On a narrow 3-2 vote, the Shorewood School Board on Tuesday voted in favor of a 2012-13 calendar that sets in motion the start and end dates of the school year, as well as the extended winter and spring breaks.
School will begin Sept. 4 and wrap June 13, 2013. Winter break will run from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2; spring break will be held from March 25 to April 1.
The board was divided on Tuesday's course of action. This was the first calendar drafted since Act 10 removed calendar building from the collective bargaining process.
Administrators drafted the calendar, but did have dialogue with teachers on the document. Concerns about the thoroughness of the drafting process were raised by the board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon named top K-12 district in state
- Campus Colors sports new Mequon storefront
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Mequon cracks down on underage party hosts
- Mequon may allow chickens on smaller lots
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing