Thiensville — The village will tax slightly less and budget the same amount in 2014 as it did in the current year.
The Village Board on Monday unanimously approved an essentially flat budget and tax levy. A slight decrease in the village's levy means the 2014 village tax rate will fall 1 cent to $7.41 per $1,000 of assessed property value, Village Administrator Dianne Robertson said.
For the average resident with a $241,200 home, that means a village tax bill of $1,787.29, or about $2 less than last year.
The village's overall property value is down slightly, Robertson said, owing to the two Main Street properties bought earlier this year by the village becoming tax exempt as a result.
If the sale of the properties to Thiensville doctor Gary Lewis, who will develop the land into a multiuse medical facility, takes place before the end of the year, the land will again become taxable and could slightly reduce the tax rate, Robertson said.
In 2014 the village will continue its longstanding policy of paying for capital projects with cash on hand and will remain debt free.
— Michael Meidenbauer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)