Residents who are interested in filling a vacant position on the Thiensville Village Board have until May 1 to submit a letter of interest to Village Manager Dianne Robertson.
Newly elected Village President Van Mobley's seat on the Village Board is vacant and by ordinance the Village Board can name a successor or leave the seat vacant.
The board is seeking applicants and as of today has already received three letters for the position.
Robertson said she planned to schedule interviews for the applicants beginning May 3. The board conducts the interviews and make a decision in open session.
Mobley said he thinks it best to fill the position before deciding on a new police chief for the village. The field of applicants for the chief's position has been narrowed to two finalists.
The vacant term on the Village Board would expire in April 2013. Trustees earn $1,800 per year.
Applications should be sent to Robertson, 250 Elm St., Thiensville, WI, 53092.
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016