Three men will run unopposed in spring for the three seats up for election on the Glendale Common Council.
District 3 Alderman Elliott Moeser decided not to run in April. Administrative Law Judge for the state of Wisconsin John Gelhard is running for this position.
Gelhard, 50, has served on the board of directors for the Wisconsin State Attorneys Association since 2005 and also served on the board of directors for the Racine Theatre Guild.
District 1 Alderman Robert Whitaker is running once more. He has served as an alderman since 1997. District 5 Alderman Izzy Goldberg is also running. Goldberg has served as alderman for nine years.
Council members serve two-year terms and earn $2,700 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 9, 2015