Three men will run unopposed in spring for the three seats up for election on the Glendale Common Council.
District 3 Alderman Elliott Moeser decided not to run in April. Administrative Law Judge for the state of Wisconsin John Gelhard is running for this position.
Gelhard, 50, has served on the board of directors for the Wisconsin State Attorneys Association since 2005 and also served on the board of directors for the Racine Theatre Guild.
District 1 Alderman Robert Whitaker is running once more. He has served as an alderman since 1997. District 5 Alderman Izzy Goldberg is also running. Goldberg has served as alderman for nine years.
Council members serve two-year terms and earn $2,700 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Mequon woman reported missing
- Apartments, assisted living pitched in Mequon development
- Mequon-Thiensville's Demond Means says MPS role won't interfere with his day job
- Mequon allows indoor gun ranges in light industrial areas
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Colectivo opens cafe in Mequon Town Center
- Shaffer to develop 13 acres in Mequon Town Center district
- Homestead High School teacher faces termination due to allegations of misconduct (4)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015