Three men will run unopposed in spring for the three seats up for election on the Glendale Common Council.
District 3 Alderman Elliott Moeser decided not to run in April. Administrative Law Judge for the state of Wisconsin John Gelhard is running for this position.
Gelhard, 50, has served on the board of directors for the Wisconsin State Attorneys Association since 2005 and also served on the board of directors for the Racine Theatre Guild.
District 1 Alderman Robert Whitaker is running once more. He has served as an alderman since 1997. District 5 Alderman Izzy Goldberg is also running. Goldberg has served as alderman for nine years.
Council members serve two-year terms and earn $2,700 a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 19, 2015
- Candidates for Mequon City Council focus on commercial, residential development
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Sarah Chudnow Community offers a variety of programming for April
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Homestead High School reverses decision to restructure final exams
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015