River Hills Village Manager Tom Tollaksen is resigning his post. His last day in the office will be Jan. 27.
Tollaksen, who was appointed River Hills' village manager in September, 1996, said he believes his goals at the village have been largely accomplished, including modernization of public services, improvement of village infrastructure, and fostering of a competent, compassionate and creative village staff.
"Although I will no longer be village manager," Tollaksen said, "I look forward to doing what I can to continue the village's status as a strong and vibrant community."
Tollaksen said his decision to leave the village was not an easy one.
"There are other personal goals that I want to accomplish," he said, "and the timing seems right for me and my family."
He said he is committed to continuing to work hard for the remainder of his tenure as village manager to continue to address financial challenges and to prepare for as seamless a transition as possible.
He said: "The village's budget has not been without challenges. But, the board and the employees have shown a willingness to work together to meet the shared goal of delivering quality services to village residents at a reasonable cost. It has been a privilege to serve the village of River Hills."
The village posted a classified advertisement on the League of Municipalities Web site seeking a manager/clerk/treasurer Jan. 13. Clerk/Treasurer Barbara Goeckner left the village in early December for a deputy clerk position in Hales Corners.
- Man charged with theft at Willowbrook Place waives hearing and not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting a fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.
- Thiensville Village Market begins June 14
- Thiensville Village Wide Rummage Sale to be held June 18