Whitefish Bay - Two firefighters suffered minor injuries Monday morning after the North Shore Fire Department quelled a garage fire in the 5700 block of North Kent Avenue.
From an NSFD news release:
Firefighters and Whitefish Bay police found the garage ablaze at 5707 N. Kent and took several hose lines to the fire, later taking up a defensive position after discovering a propane cylinder leaking and on fire.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a rafter storage area collapsed on him, and a second received treatment for heat exhaustion on-scene. Neighboring properties were undamaged.
The total estimated damage to the property is $45,000, and the original cause of the fire remains unknown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon council votes down subdivision proposal at Oldenburg Farm
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Apartment building, assisted living center approved in Mequon
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016