Whitefish Bay - Two firefighters suffered minor injuries Monday morning after the North Shore Fire Department quelled a garage fire in the 5700 block of North Kent Avenue.
From an NSFD news release:
Firefighters and Whitefish Bay police found the garage ablaze at 5707 N. Kent and took several hose lines to the fire, later taking up a defensive position after discovering a propane cylinder leaking and on fire.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a rafter storage area collapsed on him, and a second received treatment for heat exhaustion on-scene. Neighboring properties were undamaged.
The total estimated damage to the property is $45,000, and the original cause of the fire remains unknown.
- SeaWorld grants interview with Mequon student on orcas for paper
- Demond Means resigns as commissioner of the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program (1)
- Derosier enters not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.