The Brown Deer Village Board decided to stick with precedent and deny a request for licenses to sell packaged beer and wine at a new variety store, Shop on Sherman.
Previous requests for similar licenses at two convenience stores and at Walgreens have been turned down, Trustee Jeff Baker noted, and he did not support breaking with that precedent. His colleagues agreed, leading to a 7-0 vote to deny the licenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Heroin task force nails two suspects
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Man killed in Mequon car crash
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014