The Brown Deer Village Board decided to stick with precedent and deny a request for licenses to sell packaged beer and wine at a new variety store, Shop on Sherman.
Previous requests for similar licenses at two convenience stores and at Walgreens have been turned down, Trustee Jeff Baker noted, and he did not support breaking with that precedent. His colleagues agreed, leading to a 7-0 vote to deny the licenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Mequon woman reported missing
- Apartments, assisted living pitched in Mequon development
- Mequon-Thiensville's Demond Means says MPS role won't interfere with his day job
- Mequon allows indoor gun ranges in light industrial areas
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Colectivo opens cafe in Mequon Town Center
- Shaffer to develop 13 acres in Mequon Town Center district
- Homestead High School teacher faces termination due to allegations of misconduct (4)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015