The Brown Deer Village Board decided to stick with precedent and deny a request for licenses to sell packaged beer and wine at a new variety store, Shop on Sherman.
Previous requests for similar licenses at two convenience stores and at Walgreens have been turned down, Trustee Jeff Baker noted, and he did not support breaking with that precedent. His colleagues agreed, leading to a 7-0 vote to deny the licenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Concordia University introduces Lake Moon Festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- WWII veteran recalls German prison camp
- Mequon-Thiensville residents authorize land sale
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Referendum among proposed solutions to school district's financial woes
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014