After fielding comments from nearly 30 residents Monday, the Whitefish Bay Village Board and Plan Commission voted to forward proposed modifications at the Karl Jewish Community Campus to the Architectural Review Commission. The appointed body will be reviewing the organization's fencing proposal.
JCC officials are requesting eight operational and structural changes at the campus, 6423 N. Santa Monica Blvd. The list includes proposed fencing on the back field of the property, increasing the number of permissible annual special events on the campus from 12 to 20 and requesting up to 30 events, including wedding receptions, be allowed to function until 1 a.m., as opposed to the current 11 p.m. cut off time.
Once the ARC has weighed in on JCC's fencing plans, the full proposal will go back to the Plan Commission for further deliberation and a recommendation to the Village Board.
"The village still has three more meetings before any final action can be taken," Village Attorney Chris Jaekels said, pointing to the procedures outlined in Whitefish Bay's code.
Residents expressed myriad opinions during Monday's discussion, which lasted several hours. Proponents praised JCC for the services it offered the community. But proponents expressed concerns about traffic, noise and light pollution in the midst of what is an otherwise residential area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Concordia hosts theater, music presentations
- Service dog offers extra ears for hearing-impaired Mequon man
- Mequon tries to control Airbnb and other short-term rentals
- The Cheel in Thiensville resurrects historic turret on landmark building
- Greenfield man killed in single-vehicle crash in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon adopts coyote response plan
- Falafel Guys food truck to open restaurant in Thiensville (5)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015