Thiensville - Senior living community Willowbrook Place will have the ability to offer Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) services to all of its tenants.
RCAC services include support such as housekeeping, personal assistance, health monitoring, and medication management, as well as meal plans.
The Village Board approved the change to Willowbrook Place's conditional use permit tonight, which used to allow up to 40 percent of residents to receive RCAC services, after a joint public hearing before the Village Board and Plan Commission.
President William Arpe of Fiduciary Real Estate Development, which owns Willowbrook Place, said that after the recession hit fewer seniors are willing to sell their homes and move into establishments like Willowbrook, and that 40 percent RCAC service hasn't been enough for all the tenants who need it.
"Our original business plan was to be independent (living)," said Arpe, "but it didn't work."
State inspectors will need to certify Willowbrook for 100 percent RCAC usage before the services can be expanded. Village Board members were in favor of allowing the 100 percent usage potential, allowing the state inspectors or prospective clientele of WIllowbrook to decide exactly how many residents would need the services.
"I would hate to put restrictions on (Arpe)," said Trustee Kim Beck, "who knows how to run his business."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 2, 2015