Homestead senior Jordan Niebrugge has apparently made up for years of disappointment by going into the clubhouse at the WIAA state golf championship at University Ridge in Verona on Tuesday with a record-tieing 36-hole score of 136.
According to the WIAA website, Niebrugge shot a six-under par 66 today and his overall score is currently four shots clear of Stoughton's Henry Klongland (140) and has tied the individual state meet record held by former Highlander state champion Andy Hansen, who originally set the mark back in 2006.
Niebrugge is looking to become the first Homestead individual champion since Hansen.
As of 5:50 p.m., there were still many golfers left to finish.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead's hectic week of wrestling a success
- Homestead girls work hard to keep up in NSC race
- Homestead boys move into second in NSC with win at Port
- Grafton to benefit from Rauch's success at Homestead
- Strong fourth quarter lifts Homestead girls past Whitefish Bay, 44-34
- Bay boys hang on, 44-42, after losing big lead against Homestead
- Navarre says "thank you" through bone marrow registry
- JV state tourney idea a big hit in Homestead qualifier
- Germantown boys late rally keeps Homestead at bay, 65-58
- Thousands remember, pay homage to Germantown great Datka