Homestead senior Jordan Niebrugge has apparently made up for years of disappointment by going into the clubhouse at the WIAA state golf championship at University Ridge in Verona on Tuesday with a record-tieing 36-hole score of 136.
According to the WIAA website, Niebrugge shot a six-under par 66 today and his overall score is currently four shots clear of Stoughton's Henry Klongland (140) and has tied the individual state meet record held by former Highlander state champion Andy Hansen, who originally set the mark back in 2006.
Niebrugge is looking to become the first Homestead individual champion since Hansen.
As of 5:50 p.m., there were still many golfers left to finish.
- Homestead girls soccer team hangs on to beat Germantown, 3-2
- Germantown girls softball team wins critical test against Homestead, 8-4
- Homestead's Routhier earns $20,000 scholarship
- Mangan ready for challenge at Arrowhead
- Like father like daughter, Keels love their softball
- Homestead looking for new AD as Mangan moves on
- Marotta keeps the family business 'on board'
- Fish's passing leaves a large hole in Mequon community
- Girls basketball: Homestead snaps playoff drought with convincing win
- Denmark, Hunt head to state mats for Homestead