Mequon - Homestead senior Jordan Niebrugge made up for years of disappointment by winning the WIAA state golf championship at University Ridge in Verona on Tuesday with a record-tying 36-hole score of 136.
According to the WIAA website, Niebrugge shot a six-under par 18-hole score of 66 Tuesday and his overall tally was four shots clear of Stoughton's Henry Klongland and Kaukauna's Willie Wittmann (each 140).
Niebrugge also tied the individual state meet record held by former Highlanders state champion Andy Hansen, who originally set the mark in 2006.
For more details see the June 14 issue of the NOW.
- Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by Popp, Homestead seizes fifth state football title
- Homestead girls basketball team has high expectations
- Highlanders rejoice over state football title
- Homestead wins fifth state football title, 28-12, over Waukesha West (2)
- Homestead football team faces uphill title fight against West
- Wolf and Zortman fill in each other's gaps well
- Long travel times for state playoffs are dangerous at night
- Homestead football team back in state finals after 27-23 thriller
- Homestead football team back to state semis with win over East
- Homestead whips Brookfield East, 35-25, advances to state semifinals