Mequon - Homestead senior Jordan Niebrugge made up for years of disappointment by winning the WIAA state golf championship at University Ridge in Verona on Tuesday with a record-tying 36-hole score of 136.
According to the WIAA website, Niebrugge shot a six-under par 18-hole score of 66 Tuesday and his overall tally was four shots clear of Stoughton's Henry Klongland and Kaukauna's Willie Wittmann (each 140).
Niebrugge also tied the individual state meet record held by former Highlanders state champion Andy Hansen, who originally set the mark in 2006.
For more details see the June 14 issue of the NOW.
- Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay wrestlers beat Homestead on parents/senior night
- Homestead's hectic week of wrestling a success
- Homestead girls work hard to keep up in NSC race
- Homestead boys move into second in NSC with win at Port
- Grafton to benefit from Rauch's success at Homestead
- Strong fourth quarter lifts Homestead girls past Whitefish Bay, 44-34
- Bay boys hang on, 44-42, after losing big lead against Homestead
- Navarre says "thank you" through bone marrow registry
- JV state tourney idea a big hit in Homestead qualifier
- Germantown boys late rally keeps Homestead at bay, 65-58