Mequon - Homestead senior Jordan Niebrugge made up for years of disappointment by winning the WIAA state golf championship at University Ridge in Verona on Tuesday with a record-tying 36-hole score of 136.
According to the WIAA website, Niebrugge shot a six-under par 18-hole score of 66 Tuesday and his overall tally was four shots clear of Stoughton's Henry Klongland and Kaukauna's Willie Wittmann (each 140).
Niebrugge also tied the individual state meet record held by former Highlanders state champion Andy Hansen, who originally set the mark in 2006.
For more details see the June 14 issue of the NOW.
- Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Poll: Will Homestead or Arrowhead win in Week 2 matchup?
- Homestead functional in 29-8 win over Hartford
- Homestead football team can go far behind its O-line, leaders
- Homestead's Juedes, like his dad, was a leader in all ways
- Homestead baseball team bats and spirit carried it to state this year
- Homestead's 1994 state title was never easy
- Summer tourney a success for third straight year
- Homestead's amazing run ends with state finals loss to BC
- Fast start, Garstecki finish propels Homestead to title game
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2