Mequon - Homestead senior Jordan Niebrugge made up for years of disappointment by winning the WIAA state golf championship at University Ridge in Verona on Tuesday with a record-tying 36-hole score of 136.
According to the WIAA website, Niebrugge shot a six-under par 18-hole score of 66 Tuesday and his overall tally was four shots clear of Stoughton's Henry Klongland and Kaukauna's Willie Wittmann (each 140).
Niebrugge also tied the individual state meet record held by former Highlanders state champion Andy Hansen, who originally set the mark in 2006.
For more details see the June 14 issue of the NOW.
- Steven L. Tietz
- Homestead girls soccer team hangs on to beat Germantown, 3-2
- Germantown girls softball team wins critical test against Homestead, 8-4
- Homestead's Routhier earns $20,000 scholarship
- Mangan ready for challenge at Arrowhead
- Like father like daughter, Keels love their softball
- Homestead looking for new AD as Mangan moves on
- Marotta keeps the family business 'on board'
- Fish's passing leaves a large hole in Mequon community
- Girls basketball: Homestead snaps playoff drought with convincing win
- Denmark, Hunt head to state mats for Homestead