Danny Schiller picked up right where he left off.
Schiller, who was second at the WIAA Division 1 State Meet in the high jump a year ago, took first and set a new school record with a jump of 6 feet, 7 inches at the season-opening Lake Michigan Invite at Carthage College on March 28.
The Highlanders tallied 62 points and finished behind only Arrowhead's 92 in the 29-team event.
Homestead also set new school records in the 1,600-meter relay as Andrew Holtorf, Mike Collins, Douglas Mueller and Gabe Genovesi won in 3 minutes, 29.68 seconds, and in the 3,200 relay as Holtorf, Igor Sulim, Mueller and Genovesi took first in 8:23.87.
Homestead's Justin Barber won the shot put with a throw of 51-4.
Brad Pelisek, was second in the high jump with a 6-4 and third in the long jump with a personal-best 22-0.
Other top-10 performances came from Ian Thompson in the 55 dash (sixth; 6.81); Taylor Ruffin in the 55 hurdles (eighth; 8.46); Sulim in the 400 (10th; 54.53) and Chris Choren in the high jump (10th; 5-10).
Zach Schimenz won the 55 hurdles in 8.39 as the Falcons were seventh of nine teams with 37 points at the Watertown Indoor Relays on March 28.
- David Cotey,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- The social media story of Homestead at Arrowhead football
- Allen leads Homestead football team to 24-20 victory over Arrowhead
- Football: Poll: Will Homestead or Arrowhead win in Week 2 matchup?
- Homestead functional in 29-8 win over Hartford
- Homestead football team can go far behind its O-line, leaders
- Homestead's Juedes, like his dad, was a leader in all ways
- Homestead baseball team bats and spirit carried it to state this year
- Homestead's 1994 state title was never easy
- Summer tourney a success for third straight year