Homestead assistant boys track coach Todd Brawner and the Mequon-Thiensville Recreation Department will host a series of co-ed speed camps for fourth through 12th graders at the high school this summer.
There is a session currently ongoing, but two more series will be held concurrently this summer on a weekly basis, one starting June 15 and the other June 19. Both camps will run for seven weeks.
The program will include the proper mechanics of sprinting, how to improve starts and reaction time, power development, improved agility and change of direction, improved hand-eye coordination and flexibility, injury prevention and conditioning and other aspects to improved athletic performance.
The classes held starting Monday June 15 will be from 6-8 p.m. and the other starting on June 19 and to be held on Fridays, will run from 8-10 a.m. Both classes cost $75. Participants are encouraged to wear all-purpose gym shoes as well as a t-shirt and shorts and are encouraged to bring their own beverages.
For entry information, please contact either the M-T Recreation Department (262) 238-7535 or Brawner at (414) 467-1181. Also check the recreation department website at www.mtsd.k12.wi.us. Brawner has run the successful Gold Medal Speed Camps for many years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead boys golf coach Steve O'Brien reflects on his time at the Masters
- Successful hoops programs dominate this writer's winters
- Whitefish Bay girls win 10 events to repeat as North Shore track champs
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Shorewood boys track scores first league title in 14 years
- Whitefish Bay and Homestead tie for North Shore Conference boys track and field indoor title
- Bay girls win 10 events to repeat as North Shore indoor track champs
- Bay and Homestead tie for North Shore boys track title
- Sports Shorts: April 3
- Homestead boys, in a transition year, does well