Homestead assistant boys track coach Todd Brawner and the Mequon-Thiensville Recreation Department will host a series of co-ed speed camps for fourth through 12th graders at the high school this summer.
There is a session currently ongoing, but two more series will be held concurrently this summer on a weekly basis, one starting June 15 and the other June 19. Both camps will run for seven weeks.
The program will include the proper mechanics of sprinting, how to improve starts and reaction time, power development, improved agility and change of direction, improved hand-eye coordination and flexibility, injury prevention and conditioning and other aspects to improved athletic performance.
The classes held starting Monday June 15 will be from 6-8 p.m. and the other starting on June 19 and to be held on Fridays, will run from 8-10 a.m. Both classes cost $75. Participants are encouraged to wear all-purpose gym shoes as well as a t-shirt and shorts and are encouraged to bring their own beverages.
For entry information, please contact either the M-T Recreation Department (262) 238-7535 or Brawner at (414) 467-1181. Also check the recreation department website at www.mtsd.k12.wi.us. Brawner has run the successful Gold Medal Speed Camps for many years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2
- Fast start leads Homestead baseball team into state finals with 7-5 win
- Likable Homestead baseball team stuns Bay for state berth
- Homestead baseball team stuns Bay, 10-4, to earn state berth
- Homestead "9" readies for tourney with series of big wins
- Homestead baseball team fighting for second WIAA seed
- Behnken raised level of play for Homestead softball team
- Homestead baseball team gets help from G'town mistakes in 10-4 win
- Homestead baseball team's level of play still good despite losses
- Homestead football golf outing on June 30