Homestead assistant boys track coach Todd Brawner and the Mequon-Thiensville Recreation Department will host a series of co-ed speed camps for fourth through 12th graders at the high school this summer.
There is a session currently ongoing, but two more series will be held concurrently this summer on a weekly basis, one starting June 15 and the other June 19. Both camps will run for seven weeks.
The program will include the proper mechanics of sprinting, how to improve starts and reaction time, power development, improved agility and change of direction, improved hand-eye coordination and flexibility, injury prevention and conditioning and other aspects to improved athletic performance.
The classes held starting Monday June 15 will be from 6-8 p.m. and the other starting on June 19 and to be held on Fridays, will run from 8-10 a.m. Both classes cost $75. Participants are encouraged to wear all-purpose gym shoes as well as a t-shirt and shorts and are encouraged to bring their own beverages.
For entry information, please contact either the M-T Recreation Department (262) 238-7535 or Brawner at (414) 467-1181. Also check the recreation department website at www.mtsd.k12.wi.us. Brawner has run the successful Gold Medal Speed Camps for many years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Homestead duo claim state tennis doubles title
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Homestead's consistent Hitt earns 2nd again in WIAA golf
- Football: Highlanders hold off Bay to take piece of North Shore title for 14th straight season
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Homestead duo earns top girls state doubles tennis seed
- Homestead football team upsets Germantown, NSC title hopes strong
- Homestead football team ties for North Shore lead, beats GT, 35-30
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8