Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead's Millard to be inducted into WBCA Hall
- Cedarburg girls basketball team beats Homestead, ties for NSC lead
- Revamped Chekouras tourney a tribute to late Homestead basketball coach
- Homestead hockey team races to NSC title
- Homestead girls basketball team beats Gerrmantown, tightens NSC
- Homestead basketball teams influence NSC race with wins
- Millard, Homestead love wrestling
- Homestead gymnastics team wins division at own invite
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team asserts it will, beats Homestead
- Homestead wins North Shore hockey tourney