Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead football team learns lessons in loss to Arrowhead
- Homestead's new field to be ready for play on Friday
- Arrowhead overpowers Homestead, 28-14, in football opener
- Gridiron Guide: Homestead joins field-turf revolution
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Homestead Highlanders
- Homestead's Cho uses inner peace to play great baseball
- Homestead baseball team has a good time in earning 25-7 record
- Bizarre play leads to Homestead "9" sectional loss to Falls
- Niebrugge makes Homestead High proud again with finish at British Open
- Homestead baseball team closes season on a six-game roll