Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
- Relays cement Homestead track teams' second-place finishes at Tosa invite
- Homestead girls soccer team hangs on to beat Germantown, 3-2
- Germantown girls softball team wins critical test against Homestead, 8-4
- Homestead's Routhier earns $20,000 scholarship
- Mangan ready for challenge at Arrowhead
- Like father like daughter, Keels love their softball
- Homestead looking for new AD as Mangan moves on
- Marotta keeps the family business 'on board'
- Fish's passing leaves a large hole in Mequon community
- Girls basketball: Homestead snaps playoff drought with convincing win