Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Homestead grabs historic tourney title
- Homestead boys shutout Nicolet in third quarter in 65-30 rout
- Wolf comes home as Homestead girls hoops team beat Nicolet, 51-41
- Pfaff, Popp, Perine and Ziebell earn All-Sub for Homestead
- Homestead hockey team gets off to a 4-0 start
- Homestead grapplers will try to build off last season
- Height in hand, guard play will be key for Homestead boys
- Wolf enters new territory coaching Homestead girls
- Menasha's late drive stuns Homestead football team, 8-7
- Menasha's late score stuns Homestead in state football semifinals, 8-7