Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Homestead football ties for North Shore lead with win over Whitefish Bay
- Nicolet boys volleyball team holds off Homestead in NSC thriller
- Homestead still controls its own fate in NSC football race (1)
- Homestead girls win North Shore Conference golf title
- Homestead football team ignores elements and overwhelms Lutheran, 34-14
- Germantown football team spoils Homestead's big night
- Football: Germantown football team spoils Homestead's big night with 34-29 win
- Rauch and Homestead cross paths again on the football field
- Highlanders cross country team takes second in its own invitational
- Football: Homestead christens new turf with victory