Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- The social media story of Homestead at Arrowhead football
- Allen leads Homestead football team to 24-20 victory over Arrowhead
- Football: Poll: Will Homestead or Arrowhead win in Week 2 matchup?
- Homestead functional in 29-8 win over Hartford
- Homestead football team can go far behind its O-line, leaders
- Homestead's Juedes, like his dad, was a leader in all ways
- Homestead baseball team bats and spirit carried it to state this year
- Homestead's 1994 state title was never easy
- Summer tourney a success for third straight year