Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2
- Fast start leads Homestead baseball team into state finals with 7-5 win
- Likable Homestead baseball team stuns Bay for state berth
- Homestead baseball team stuns Bay, 10-4, to earn state berth
- Homestead "9" readies for tourney with series of big wins
- Homestead baseball team fighting for second WIAA seed
- Behnken raised level of play for Homestead softball team
- Homestead baseball team gets help from G'town mistakes in 10-4 win
- Homestead baseball team's level of play still good despite losses
- Homestead football golf outing on June 30