Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
- Oak Creek baseball team passes test with win over Homestead, 7-3
- Talented, assertive Homestead soccer team won its own way
- Girls soccer: "We endured': Homestead's state soccer title well-earned
- CHAMPIONS! Mentally tough Homestead wins fourth state soccer title
- Homestead girls soccer team pulls upset on West, 2-1, heads to finals
- Deep, motivated Homestead girls soccer team heads to state
- NSC-leading Homestead baseball team pitching heavy
- Lutz's goal lifts Homestead girls soccer team over Cedarburg, 1-0
- Distance crew earns three track medals for Homestead boys
- Distance runners to lead Homestead track contingent