Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Behind Key, Homestead boys basketball team becomes competitive again
- Homestead boys cruise to NSC track indoor title
- Frosh Marotta takes NSC hoops world by storm
- Physical defensive effort not enough for Homestead boys basketball team
- Boys basketball : Germantown boys outlast Homestead, 50-42, in sectional semifinal
- Boys basketball: Homestead boys hold off pesky Hamilton
- Zupke aiming at state medal for Homestead wrestlers
- Germantown boys basketball team clinches outright NSC title
- Germantown girls basketball team wins 2nd outright North Shore crown
- Homestead swimmers advance four entries to state