Homestead got a two-run double from Mike Collins and a two-run single from Geoff Hilt in the fifth inning to break a 3-3 and beat host Whitefish Bay, 7-3, this evening in a WIAA sectional final.
Brady Bingham had a complete game seven-hitter for the Highlanders.
With the win, Homestead (21-15) advances to a 10 a.m. WIAA state tournament quarterfinal game on Wednesday in Stevens Point against the winner of the South Milwaukee sectional.
Whitefish Bay, which got three hits from Charlie Markson, finishes the season at 27-11.
- Tested Homestead girls soccer team wins North Shore Conference
- Birthday fun surrounds Keel family softball reunion
- Thorough Homestead girls track team wins North Shore Conference outdoor title
- North Shore tennis teams prepare for NSC tourney
- Homestead grad Blake Leeson grows into volleyball and becomes a national champ at Ohio State
- Homestead boys reveal their identity, win NSC track relays
- Relays cement Homestead track teams' second-place finishes at Tosa invite
- Homestead girls soccer team hangs on to beat Germantown, 3-2
- Germantown girls softball team wins critical test against Homestead, 8-4
- Homestead's Routhier earns $20,000 scholarship