Homestead coach among finalists for director's job
Krueger now interim head of department
Homestead High School girls track and golf coach John Krueger is one of three finalists for the job of director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department, Mequon-Thiensville Superintendent Demond Means said.
Krueger has been serving in the post on a temporary basis since longtime director Charlie Gross took a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
The district is scheduled to interview finalists this week and will recommend one candidate to the School Board on May 17.
The interview team will consist of Dan Claussen, a longtime district teacher and coach; Jack Enea, a parent; Sue McKenzie, a parent; Mark Roherty, Homestead High School principal; and Debbie Anderson, Steffen Middle School principal and a former Homestead coach.
"The next round of interviews is the final step in an excellent process that has involved extremely qualified candidates," Means said. "The involvement of community members has been an essential part of this process."
Means said the initial list of candidates was narrowed down to five before the three finalists were selected.
Other finalists include former Janesville Athletic Director Kevin N. Porter and St. Thomas More Athletic Director Ryan Mangan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stiever and Cedarburg too much for Homestead football team, 40-27
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- SPORTS SHORTS: Sept. 18
- Football: Homestead leaves no room for drama this time
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- No letdown as Homestead rolls past Port, 50-21
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Homestead football team looking forward after second Arrowhead win
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29