Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zupke aiming at state medal for Homestead wrestlers
- Germantown boys basketball team clinches outright NSC title
- Germantown girls basketball team wins 2nd outright North Shore crown
- Homestead swimmers advance four entries to state
- Brown Deer boys get defensive in beating Homestead, 65-55.
- Cedarburg girls beat Homestead in battle for second in NSC, 53-42
- Whitefish Bay wrestlers beat Homestead on parents/senior night
- Homestead's hectic week of wrestling a success
- Homestead girls work hard to keep up in NSC race
- Homestead boys move into second in NSC with win at Port