Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay girls win 10 events to repeat as North Shore track champs
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Shorewood boys track scores first league title in 14 years
- Whitefish Bay and Homestead tie for North Shore Conference boys track and field indoor title
- Bay girls win 10 events to repeat as North Shore indoor track champs
- Bay and Homestead tie for North Shore boys track title
- Sports Shorts: April 3
- Homestead boys, in a transition year, does well
- Sports wrapups: March 4
- Boys basketball: Hartung provides the complementary ammo for upset