Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown softball team edges Homestead, 1-0, for NSC crown
- Young Homestead boys tennis team still figuring things out
- Homestead girls soccer team holds on, 2-1, over Nicolet
- Behind Key, Homestead boys basketball team becomes competitive again
- Homestead boys cruise to NSC track indoor title
- Frosh Marotta takes NSC hoops world by storm
- Physical defensive effort not enough for Homestead boys basketball team
- Boys basketball : Germantown boys outlast Homestead, 50-42, in sectional semifinal
- Boys basketball: Homestead boys hold off pesky Hamilton
- Zupke aiming at state medal for Homestead wrestlers