Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports wrapups: March 4
- Boys basketball: Hartung provides the complementary ammo for upset
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 25
- Bay cruises to league gymnastics title, Homestead third
- Three Homestead wrestlers advance to state mats
- Bearden's two free throws lift Germantown boys to win in 58-56 thriller
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 18
- Signing day a success big and small all over the North Shore
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 11
- Homestead wrestlers show character in claiming four NSC titles