Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Homestead christens new turf with victory
- Homestead football team learns lessons in loss to Arrowhead
- Homestead's new field to be ready for play on Friday
- Arrowhead overpowers Homestead, 28-14, in football opener
- Gridiron Guide: Homestead joins field-turf revolution
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Homestead Highlanders
- Homestead's Cho uses inner peace to play great baseball
- Homestead baseball team has a good time in earning 25-7 record
- Bizarre play leads to Homestead "9" sectional loss to Falls
- Niebrugge makes Homestead High proud again with finish at British Open