Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Likable Homestead baseball team stuns Bay for state berth
- Homestead baseball team stuns Bay, 10-4, to earn state berth
- Homestead "9" readies for tourney with series of big wins
- Homestead baseball team fighting for second WIAA seed
- Behnken raised level of play for Homestead softball team
- Homestead baseball team gets help from G'town mistakes in 10-4 win
- Homestead baseball team's level of play still good despite losses
- Homestead football golf outing on June 30
- In reloading mode, Homestead baseball team off to fast start
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title