Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bizarre play leads to Homestead "9" sectional loss to Falls
- Niebrugge makes Homestead High proud again with finish at British Open
- Homestead baseball team closes season on a six-game roll
- Homestead baseball team finishes second in NSC race
- Homestead football program to get turf field
- Walk gives Bay baseball team 5-4 walk-off win over Homestead (1)
- Homestead baseball team now in NSC race
- Homestead girls soccer team's bid for state ends in OT thriller
- Sever's two goals give Greendale girls soccer team sectional victory over New Berlin West
- Menomonee Falls girls soccer team earns first state berth with OT win