Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Homestead grabs historic tourney title
- Homestead boys shutout Nicolet in third quarter in 65-30 rout
- Wolf comes home as Homestead girls hoops team beat Nicolet, 51-41
- Pfaff, Popp, Perine and Ziebell earn All-Sub for Homestead
- Homestead hockey team gets off to a 4-0 start
- Homestead grapplers will try to build off last season
- Height in hand, guard play will be key for Homestead boys
- Wolf enters new territory coaching Homestead girls
- Menasha's late drive stuns Homestead football team, 8-7
- Menasha's late score stuns Homestead in state football semifinals, 8-7