Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
- Homestead girls soccer team hangs on to beat Germantown, 3-2
- Germantown girls softball team wins critical test against Homestead, 8-4
- Homestead's Routhier earns $20,000 scholarship
- Mangan ready for challenge at Arrowhead
- Like father like daughter, Keels love their softball
- Homestead looking for new AD as Mangan moves on
- Marotta keeps the family business 'on board'
- Fish's passing leaves a large hole in Mequon community
- Girls basketball: Homestead snaps playoff drought with convincing win
- Denmark, Hunt head to state mats for Homestead