Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- The social media story of Homestead at Arrowhead football
- Allen leads Homestead football team to 24-20 victory over Arrowhead
- Football: Poll: Will Homestead or Arrowhead win in Week 2 matchup?
- Homestead functional in 29-8 win over Hartford
- Homestead football team can go far behind its O-line, leaders
- Homestead's Juedes, like his dad, was a leader in all ways
- Homestead baseball team bats and spirit carried it to state this year
- Homestead's 1994 state title was never easy
- Summer tourney a success for third straight year