Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 3
- Trio of All-Suburban stars helped Homestead stand tall in 2013
- Homestead football's Keel named NOW Coach of the Year
- Sports Wrapups: Nov. 26
- Homestead football team did not let down in fine 11-1 campaign
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 21
- Petersen's sixth place leads Homestead swimmers
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 14
- Homestead tankers send five entries to state
- Oak Creek football team overcomes adversity this season