Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Revamped Chekouras tourney a tribute to late Homestead basketball coach
- Homestead hockey team races to NSC title
- Homestead girls basketball team beats Gerrmantown, tightens NSC
- Homestead basketball teams influence NSC race with wins
- Millard, Homestead love wrestling
- Homestead gymnastics team wins division at own invite
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team asserts it will, beats Homestead
- Homestead wins North Shore hockey tourney
- Former Homestead High School player Al Moroder named Nicolet football coach
- Boys hockey: Homestead's Tony Navarre, a leukemia survivor, loves his life, hockey