Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
- Oak Creek baseball team passes test with win over Homestead, 7-3
- Talented, assertive Homestead soccer team won its own way
- Girls soccer: "We endured': Homestead's state soccer title well-earned
- CHAMPIONS! Mentally tough Homestead wins fourth state soccer title
- Homestead girls soccer team pulls upset on West, 2-1, heads to finals
- Deep, motivated Homestead girls soccer team heads to state
- NSC-leading Homestead baseball team pitching heavy
- Lutz's goal lifts Homestead girls soccer team over Cedarburg, 1-0
- Distance crew earns three track medals for Homestead boys
- Distance runners to lead Homestead track contingent