Mequon – The Mequon-Thiensville School Board Monday approved the appointment of Ryan Mangan as director of the school's Athletic and Recreation Department.
Mangan currently serves as athletic director at St. Thomas More High School in St. Francis. He will replace longtime director Charlie Gross, who left the school in February to take a position with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February.
Homestead girls track and golf coach John Krueger, who also was one of three finalists for the AD's job, has been filling the position on an interim basis.
Superintendent Demond Means said a thorough background check was made before Mangan was recommended for the position.
"There was one consistent message," Means said of the feedback he and fellow administrators received. "(Mangan) is a great communicator and put his students first."
Mangan will assume the position July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay wrestlers beat Homestead on parents/senior night
- Homestead's hectic week of wrestling a success
- Homestead girls work hard to keep up in NSC race
- Homestead boys move into second in NSC with win at Port
- Grafton to benefit from Rauch's success at Homestead
- Strong fourth quarter lifts Homestead girls past Whitefish Bay, 44-34
- Bay boys hang on, 44-42, after losing big lead against Homestead
- Navarre says "thank you" through bone marrow registry
- JV state tourney idea a big hit in Homestead qualifier
- Germantown boys late rally keeps Homestead at bay, 65-58