Madison Medical Affiliates has added Alysandra Lal, MD, MPH as a general surgeon. Dr. Lal brings a wealth of experience to patients, whom she will treat at Columbia St. Mary’s new Milwaukee hospital on Lake Drive, as well as Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee. Among her interests, Dr. Lal specializes in breast surgery and treating surgical disease in women.
“Madison Medical Affiliates is fortunate to have such an esteemed colleague join our team of respected surgeons,” said James Volberding, MD, president and medical director for Madison Medical Affiliates.
Dr. Lal joins the Madison Medical office from Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin, where she was an assistant professor of surgery. She will continue with the Medical College of Wisconsin as an assistant clinical professor of surgery.
Born in New York City, Dr. Lal received her Doctor of Medicine degree in 2002 from the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle and her Master of Public Health degree in 2010 from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore. She completed postgraduate training in general surgery at the University of Washington and the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wis. Dr. Lal also obtained advanced training in pancreas and liver surgery.
Dr. Lal graduated cum lade in 1996 from Barnard College at New York’s Columbia University. Her awards have included scholarships, teaching honors, and appointments to “Top 20 Docs” at Froedtert Hospital, “Best Doctors in America,” and M Magazine’s “Best Doctors” lists. She has presented at dozens of national meetings, holds many national committee and leadership appointments, and has been published more than 20 times in the most respected surgical journals.
“Dr. Lal is a brilliant talent and her achievements are impressive,” said Kevin Behl, executive director for Madison Medical Affiliates. “Our patients will truly benefit from Dr. Lal’s tremendous knowledge and skill.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Mequon kids featured on Spriggy SafeT-V, a new series of online safety videos produced for the Kohl’s Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Program and available on KohlsSafeandHealthy.com.
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Local historian presents Milwaukee's surprising political history at Newcastle Place
- Glendale's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-Foot Live Basalm Tree
- Come Support Brown Deer Girls Basketball - Scrimmage
- Bonaparte to Receive Excellence in Community Service Award from Milwaukee Affiliate Black Child Development Institute
- Doors of Cedarburg Show