Madison Medical Affiliates has added Alysandra Lal, MD, MPH as a general surgeon. Dr. Lal brings a wealth of experience to patients, whom she will treat at Columbia St. Mary’s new Milwaukee hospital on Lake Drive, as well as Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee. Among her interests, Dr. Lal specializes in breast surgery and treating surgical disease in women.
“Madison Medical Affiliates is fortunate to have such an esteemed colleague join our team of respected surgeons,” said James Volberding, MD, president and medical director for Madison Medical Affiliates.
Dr. Lal joins the Madison Medical office from Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin, where she was an assistant professor of surgery. She will continue with the Medical College of Wisconsin as an assistant clinical professor of surgery.
Born in New York City, Dr. Lal received her Doctor of Medicine degree in 2002 from the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle and her Master of Public Health degree in 2010 from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore. She completed postgraduate training in general surgery at the University of Washington and the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wis. Dr. Lal also obtained advanced training in pancreas and liver surgery.
Dr. Lal graduated cum lade in 1996 from Barnard College at New York’s Columbia University. Her awards have included scholarships, teaching honors, and appointments to “Top 20 Docs” at Froedtert Hospital, “Best Doctors in America,” and M Magazine’s “Best Doctors” lists. She has presented at dozens of national meetings, holds many national committee and leadership appointments, and has been published more than 20 times in the most respected surgical journals.
“Dr. Lal is a brilliant talent and her achievements are impressive,” said Kevin Behl, executive director for Madison Medical Affiliates. “Our patients will truly benefit from Dr. Lal’s tremendous knowledge and skill.”
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!