Thirty-three dancers from the Trinity Academy of Irish Dance will perform on this year’s Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon on Monday, September 6 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:40 a.m.. The national telethon will be broadcast live on Milwaukee’s WDJT, CBS 58 and Madison’s WKOW, ABC27. Among the performers are nineteen Wisconsin dancers:
• Lauren Morton and Myah Trilling of Brookfield
• Danna Schultz of Cross Plains
• Alexandra and Victoria Felker of Elm Grove
• Kelly Dalton of Franklin
• Emma Curran of Hartford
• Maggie Nowakowski and Carly Haslee of Mequon
• Lydia Fredrick of New Berlin
• Meghan Mullane of Racine
• Quinn Vande Hey of Sheboygan
• Kalyn Kahler and Olivia Livelli of Verona
• Alexa Peter and Emily Phelan of Waukesha
• Marissa Wurster and Meaghan Kenfield of Wauwatosa
• Shannon Kehoe of Whitewater
The Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon, now in its 45th year, will be broadcast from the South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada. The show reaches nearly 40 million viewers in North America alone and plans to raise over $65 million during the day of programming.
Fall Classes beginning
New students ages 4-12 are still being accepted at our locations in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Grafton, Wauwatosa, Kenosha, Madison and Appleton for the 2010-2011 school year which starts the week of September 12th. Dancers who join now have the opportunity to perform in outreach performances and area St. Patrick’s Day shows in March 2011!
Trinity Academy has a unique approach for teaching Irish dance – the Trinity Passport Program. Dancers receive passports which are stamped by their teachers as they figuratively “travel” through the rivers, counties and provinces of Ireland. This balanced, streamlined curriculum puts the focus on the journey of each individual dancer. Along the way, challenging skills are added and levels of athleticism are increased. With a Trinity Passport in front of them, dancers are able to visualize the exciting and challenging levels ahead, fueling motivation, hard work and self-esteem. Benefits include cardiovascular fitness, increased muscle tone, flexibility, coordination, balance, strength and cooperation.
New dancers are invited to take one free class to check out the fun and exciting class, teachers and new friends. Contact Cynthia at 262-705-1465 or visit our website at trinityirishdancers.com for more information!
About Trinity Academy
Founded by Artistic Director Mark Howard, a two-time Emmy Award-winning choreographer, the Trinity Academy of Irish Dance is one of the most renowned Irish dance programs worldwide. The Trinity program uniquely centers on the empowerment of each child, with lessons focused on self-confidence and choice, allowing each child to decide their own level of participation in Irish dance. Students are never required to compete, but are always allowed the opportunity. From beginners to champions, Trinity generates a certain spirit and style all its own – providing self-respect, confidence and other life lessons, both on and off the dance floor. From the first class, dancers learn poise and discipline through teamwork, coordination, and balance…which quickly translates into breathtaking performances, even at the young age of 4. The Trinity program allows students to embark on a unique Irish dance journey that not only provides them with a healthy, fun form of exercise, but teaches them traditional dances, customs, music and even a bit of the Gaelic language.
In nearly 30 years, Trinity Irish dancers have garnered an unprecedented 32 world titles for the United States. Trinity Academy is the first American team to have brought home gold for the United States. The Academy dancers have been featured numerous times on major network shows including appearances on “The Tonight Show,” “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” “Live” with Regis, “CBS This Morning,” “Good Morning America” and “The Martha Stewart Show.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NORTH SHORE CARSTAR TO HOST THIRD ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- Nationwide Tour Stops at Telsmith, Inc. to Rally for Long-Term Highway Support
- Pint Size Polkas at the Brown Deer Library!
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Fan Appreciation Night at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Highlighted Volunteer Opportunities
- Wild Ones, August 14, Discover Tallgrass Prairies
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned