Concordia University Wisconsin Welcome Public to New Environmental Stewardship Center During Open House September 24 & 25
Staff of the Concordia Center for Environmental Stewardship (CCES) will welcome the community to its new research facility on September 24 and 25 from 10 a.m. to noon. The facility was built on the northeast corner of CUW’s Mequon campus using the latest and greatest green design technologies and officially opened this summer along magnificent Lake Michigan. The amount of energy that will be conserved and recycled in the new building will be thoroughly explained during guided tours Friday and Saturday.
“Come and see a truly green building in action,” said Bruce Bessert, director of the CCES. “We’ll have our green equipment on display as well as introductions to our green programs.”
The green equipment proudly adopted by the CCES includes a Columbia Parcar electric vehicle, a bamboo bicycle, and a long list of sustainable features within the building itself. A ten minute video will also debut during the open house recounting the building history, construction, and its birth on the Mequon campus. In addition, tours will be taken along the Lake Michigan shoreline during the two hour open house.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 10 Members
- "RUN FOR YOUR WIFE" presented by Imagination Theatre
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures