Menomonee Falls Swim Club had several swimmers earning top awards at the Silver State Meet at the RecPlex in Kenosha Wisconsin this summer.
1st place finishers were Haley Lucas - 500 yard freestyle, Morgan Fischer (four 1st place finishes) - 200 yard individual medley, 50 yard backstroke, 100 yard breaststroke, 50 yard freestyle, John Ragland - 50 yard backstroke, Sommer Semanek - 200 yard backstroke and Amanda Siehs (two 1st place finishes) - 200 yard individual medley and 100 yard backstroke.
2nd place finishers were Haley Lucas - 200 yard butterfly and John Ragland - 200 yard freestyle.
3rd place finishers were Matt Ciolkosz - 400 yard individual medley and Haley DeGrace - 200 yard breaststroke.
Other swimmers with notable improvements were Ryan Ciolkosz improved 9.26 seconds - 50 yard freestyle, McKenna Coulter improved 6.70 seconds - 100 yard individual medley, Tim Damico improved 11.85 seconds - 400 yard individual medley, Evan DuVall improved 5.45 seconds - 200 yard breaststroke, Sam Green improved 5.28 seconds - 200 yard backstroke, Emma Jankowski improved 12.95 seconds - 200 yard freestyle, Rachel Jaworski improved 12.46 seconds - 200 yard individual medley, Emily Marcou improved 8.89 seconds - 100 yard freestyle, Sam Neale improved 8.70 seconds - 500 yard freestyle, John Seiler improved 6.41 seconds - 200 yard butterfly, Kristina Seiler improved 10.76 seconds - 100 yard breaststroke and 17.38 seconds - 200 yard backstroke, Kathryn Stevenson improved 8.50 seconds - 200 yard freestyle, Megan Wagoner improved 25.31 seconds - 100 yard breaststroke and Jenny Wesolowski improved 5.84 seconds - 100 individual medley.
Overall winners in their age group were John Ragland - 2nd place in boys 9-10 year old catagory, Morgan Fischer - 1st place in girls 11-12 year old catagory and Sommer Semanek - 1st place in girls 15 and over catagory.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Joseph Klucarich attends 75th Class Reunion
- Fall Remodeling Show Features PBS Chef & Home Improvement Experts
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th