Aurora Health Care opens the new Aurora Medical Center in Grafton on Monday, November 1, 2010. It is the first entirely ‘green’ hospital in Wisconsin and provides integrated care for thousands of residents throughout the greater Ozaukee County region.
“More than half of the residents of Grafton and the many surrounding communities are already choosing Aurora for their health care,” said Len Wilk, chief administrative officer of Aurora Medical Center in Grafton.
“Hundreds of Aurora Health Care and Aurora Advanced Healthcare doctors are now caring for the community’s outpatient needs and soon our patients will have the benefit of coordinated inpatient care,” said Bill Ebinger, MD, an internal medicine physician in Grafton and member of the Advanced Healthcare Board of Directors.
The campus has a comprehensive orthopaedic center with the convenience of a uniquely designed entrance and four dedicated operating rooms. The fellowship-trained and experienced orthopaedic team is just one example of the Aurora Advanced Healthcare partnership and presence in the community.
Aurora Medical Center in Grafton is built to LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification standards; LEED is an internationally recognized green building certification system that provides third-party verification that a building or community was constructed using strategies aimed at energy savings, water efficiency, carbon dioxide emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
The new Aurora Medical Center in Grafton is a 107-bed, 520,000 sq. foot, state-of-the-art, sustainable regional medical center bringing more than 600 jobs to the area. The hospital offers a wide array of specialty care services, including cardiac, cancer and neurological care, 24-hour emergency department, an orthopaedic center, NICU, advanced technology for diagnosis and treatment and much more.
The campus offers plentiful, convenient parking with three separate, canopied entrances (main entrance, orthopaedic entrance and emergency department entrance). The official web site is www.aurora.org/grafton. The hospital also has its own social media sites on Facebook (search “Aurora Medical Center in Grafton”), Twitter (@aurora_grafton) and YouTube (search “Aurora Grafton”).
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues