Parent Lecture: Understanding Our Disconnected Kids - A Brain Based Approach For Neurobehavioral And Learning Disorders
On Thursday, November 4th, Dr. Jeremy Fritz will present a lecture, ““Understanding our Disconnected Kids: A Brain Based Approach for Neurobehavioral & Learning Disorders” at 7:30 pm at the Brain Balance Achievement Center in Mequon, WI.
This lecture is for parents of children age 4-17 that are struggling with academic, behavior, emotional or sensory issues. Gain a comprehensive understanding and deeper insight into the issues and challenges that these children are facing. Dr. Fritz will explain Autism, Asperger's, Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities, & ADHD as a Functional Disconnection Syndrome (FDS). FDS is a functional imbalance of brain activity within each side and/or between the right and left sides of the brain. Learn brain based strategies that improve behavioral outcomes at home and at school.
Seating for this lecture is limited. For more information or to RSVP, please visit http://brainbalance.eventbrite.com or call 262-240-9915.
The Brain Balance program uses non-medication therapy to help children overcome the challenges of ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, OCD, Tourette’s, Asperger’s, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and other neurobehavioral disorders.
Executive Director, Dr. Jeremy Fritz, says the goal of the program is to correct an imbalance between the left and right sides of the child’s brain. “One side of the brain functions at a lower level than the other side. Because of this, the two hemispheres of the brain are not in sync with each other.” The Brain Balance program integrates physical, sensory and motor activities, educational and behavioral methods, and proper nutrition to help the two sides of the brain communicate better. As a result, children have become more focused in daily activities, shown improvements in school, and enhanced their communication and social skills.
An example of this is Jamie Berger’s son in Mequon. “My son never really looked a child in the eye before going to Brain Balance,” Berger says. “Now he can talk to someone for periods of time. He looks them in the eye. It’s a huge milestone for him.”
The Brain Balance program was created by Dr. Robert Melillo in the 1990’s. There are now 38 Brain Balance franchises nationwide. Dr. Jeremy Fritz is a board eligible Chiropractic Neurologist with the American Chiropractic Neurology Board, certified as a Clinical Nutritionist by the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutrition, and functional medicine practitioner with an emphasis Childhood Neurobehavioral and Developmental Disorders.
For more information on the Brain Balance program, visit www.brainbalancemequon.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop