Photo: from left to right: Children in front: John Fernandez, Nathaniel Duncan, Joanna Boyland. Seated: Rick Reuter, Dawn Kimsey Purpura, Timothy Gotcher, Magdelyn Monahan, Emily Pogorelc, Maura Atwood. Standing: Joshua Duncan
A musical adaptation of L.M. Montgomery’s short stories “Aunt Cyrilla’s Christmas Basket” and “Christmas at Red Butte” will be showcased in the musical production “An L.M. Montgomery Christmas” by Jeremy Tow, David Snider and Jeany Van Meltebeke. Additional music is arranged by Dwight Siemens.
Acacia Theatre Company will perform the Christmas musical Dec. 4 through Dec. 12 in Concordia University Wisconsin’s Todd Wehr Auditorium, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon, Wis.
Based on the short stories of L.M. Montgomery, treasured author of Anne of Green Gables, this Christmas tale is fun for the whole family. When a snowstorm threatens to halt the journey of a train full of holiday passengers, Aunt Theodora rescues their hearts with a basket full of hope and homespun wisdom. This show delivers Lucy Maud Montgomery’s wonderful characters, memorable music, and a spirit of joy to celebrate the whole year round.
“The touching music and memorable characters show us the real meaning of Christmas. The uplifting theme of the play reminds us that we receive joy after giving away something precious. In the end, it all comes back to us,” said Janet Bouman Peterson, artistic director and director of the production. “The songs and the scenes hold a holiday glow from the first scene to the last.”
Performance Schedule and Ticket Information
Performances will be Saturday, December 4th at 8 pm; Sunday, December 5th at 3 pm; Friday, December 10th at 8 pm; Saturday, December 11th at 4 pm; and Sunday, December 12th at 3 pm.
Ticket prices are $16, or $10 for senior citizens, full-time students and full-time clergy. Single tickets are available now by calling (414) 744-5995.
About Acacia Theatre Company
Founded in 1980, Acacia Theatre Company is an independent, non-profit, interdenominational group of dramatic artists who share a common desire to integrate art and faith by presenting theatre from a Judeo-Christian worldview. Through uplifting, quality entertainment, Acacia provides occasion for thanksgiving, growth and enjoyment, and the opportunity for Christians and non-Christians to consider their lives in relation to God. More information is available at www.acaciatheatre.com.
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Just Between Friends Consignment Sale Coming To Ozaukee County
- Doerr Brothers are MCF Honorees
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry