Glaze Pottery Studio has moved! After six years in Cedarburg, Phil and Kristina Eckert have relocated the 'paint your own pottery and glass fusing studio' to Thiensville! Thank you to the 600 women who welcomed us on our grand-reopening. Ladies' Night Out was a wonderful way to get to meet some of our new neighbors.
Glaze's new home is a 4,000 square foot Victorian style building built in 1907. Although the new space is roomy it maintains the cozy, creative and artisnal feel that Glaze has become known for. The building, located at 149 Green Bay Road, was formerly home to Rick's Steakhouse, then Pastimes Bar, then most recently Studio Cafe. For the past 2 1/2 years the space has been vacant.
Expanded seating and private event options abound! The 3rd floor party room has a mini kitchen and can seat 30 guests. There is studio seating for both pottery and glass on the 1st and 2nd floors, a raw clay room, and a music room where local teachers will be offering piano and guitar lessons.
Also new to Glaze is "The Purple Frog" - a lounge area offering wine, micro brew, assorted non-alcoholic drinks, and snacks. Cafe and bar seating, a large screen tv, and table games complete the cozy and historic space. The lounge area is perfect for gatherings such as book clubs, committee meetings, or simple family and friend game nights. Stop in for a drink and say hello. We would love to get to know our new neighbors!
Studio hours are Monday - Saturday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Purple Frog is open extended hours on Friday & Saturday nights until 10:00 p.m. and may be booked for private parties.
Special events and design classes are going on now through Christmas.
Check out our Web site for more information www.glazepottery.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Festival of Trees
- Mequon Resident Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Concordia University Receives $50,000 for Health Mobile Program