Katrina Galka wins second place Harold A. Levin Scholarship of $1500 in the Collegiate Music Competition last Saturday at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She was also awarded the Audience Voice Award of $500, given to the musician chosen by ballot by the audience.
Katrina is a senior at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She is majoring in Vocal Performance with a German minor. She attended Whitefish Bay Dominican High School, class of 2007.
She sang Amor from Brentano Lieder, Op. 68 by Richard Strauss. She also sang La reine de coeur from La courte paille by Francis Poulenc. And she completed her eleven minute program with Glitter and Be Gay from Candide by Leonard Bernstein.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshops for Parents of Teens/Adolescents
- Concordia University Wisconsin Offers Safe Disposal of Prescription Drugs
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Hair cuts for Ayla
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- New Sailor on the Block