Katrina Galka wins second place Harold A. Levin Scholarship of $1500 in the Collegiate Music Competition last Saturday at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She was also awarded the Audience Voice Award of $500, given to the musician chosen by ballot by the audience.
Katrina is a senior at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She is majoring in Vocal Performance with a German minor. She attended Whitefish Bay Dominican High School, class of 2007.
She sang Amor from Brentano Lieder, Op. 68 by Richard Strauss. She also sang La reine de coeur from La courte paille by Francis Poulenc. And she completed her eleven minute program with Glitter and Be Gay from Candide by Leonard Bernstein.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Join us for the 2015 Scenic Shore 150 Bike Tour!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Clothing Giveaway & Used Book Sale
- Truck-or-Treat So Others Can Eat
- Kickstart The Heart A Huge Success
- Wisconsin Peace Corps volunteer helps young women find their voice through camp in Albania
- Front Porch Financial Management LLC Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Mequon-Thiensville School District Proposes Four-Year-Old Kindergarten
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Hartford's Broan-NuTone Facility Welcomes 75 Washington County Educators