Katrina Galka wins second place Harold A. Levin Scholarship of $1500 in the Collegiate Music Competition last Saturday at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She was also awarded the Audience Voice Award of $500, given to the musician chosen by ballot by the audience.
Katrina is a senior at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She is majoring in Vocal Performance with a German minor. She attended Whitefish Bay Dominican High School, class of 2007.
She sang Amor from Brentano Lieder, Op. 68 by Richard Strauss. She also sang La reine de coeur from La courte paille by Francis Poulenc. And she completed her eleven minute program with Glitter and Be Gay from Candide by Leonard Bernstein.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Volunteer Opportunities in Our Community
- Gary Dunco, Saukville Resident, Achieves Ameriprise Circle of Success Recognition, Five Star Wealth Management Award
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help