Katrina Galka wins second place Harold A. Levin Scholarship of $1500 in the Collegiate Music Competition last Saturday at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She was also awarded the Audience Voice Award of $500, given to the musician chosen by ballot by the audience.
Katrina is a senior at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She is majoring in Vocal Performance with a German minor. She attended Whitefish Bay Dominican High School, class of 2007.
She sang Amor from Brentano Lieder, Op. 68 by Richard Strauss. She also sang La reine de coeur from La courte paille by Francis Poulenc. And she completed her eleven minute program with Glitter and Be Gay from Candide by Leonard Bernstein.
- OPEN HOUSE – Learn about Volunteer Opportunities at Ozaukee Family Services
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- U.S. Cellular Sponsors Mequon Little League: Sponsorship includes more than $75,000 in needed gear for six Wisconsin youth leagues